PDA

View Full Version : Silhouette

KatherineFG
08-30-2015, 11:18 PM
Where and when can I get a good deal on a Silhouette Cameo? Will they go on sale for Black Friday? Any chance before then?

flygirl555
08-31-2015, 12:03 AM
I bought mine on sale around this time of year two years ago (and believe I saw a similar sale last year). So no, you do not need to wait. Amazon was running a pretty good bundle deal - the Cameo, two cutting mats, designer edition software, tools, and I think about $60 credit to the Sillohouette store for $260. From time to time, Zulilly will have them too.

Beware, it's addictive :) - and buying the machine is just the beginning (vinyl, HTV vinyl, card stock, printer ink, heat press, mats, cutting blades, roller holder, pen holder, blanks, commercial graphics and fonts if you wish to sell items, etc.). It even caused me to reconfigure my office to make more room for my craft storage!

Silhouette America came out with a newer Silhouette Cameo earlier this year (2.0 maybe? It has a vinyl cutting device on the back, built in storage for a blade, touchscreen control panel).. Personally, I would buy the "older version." It works just fine and there is less of a chance of the control panel breaking.

They also (just within the last 3-4 weeks), started shipping the Silhouette Curio (Google it to understand the difference). I have seen several people ask about putting their Cameo up for sale (not understanding they are different machines). So, keep an eye on Craigslist if you are willing to take a chance on a used one.

Love my Cameo and all the neat things I can make!

Mamabear4
08-31-2015, 08:44 AM
The old model Cameo bundle went down to $199 this past July (I have a CamelCamelCamel alert set up on it), but it's back up to $269 at the moment. I would imagine you could find some good deals on the old model still, because people are clearing out the old inventory to make room for the new. Good luck!

jgenie
08-31-2015, 08:54 AM
The old model Cameo bundle went down to $199 this past July (I have a CamelCamelCamel alert set up on it), but it's back up to $269 at the moment. I would imagine you could find some good deals on the old model still, because people are clearing out the old inventory to make room for the new. Good luck!

Would you mind linking to the one you purchased? I'm thinking of asking for one for Christmas. TIA

KatherineFG
08-31-2015, 02:37 PM
Do they ever go on sale at the craft stores? Joann, Michael's, AC Moore?

Mamabear4
08-31-2015, 09:56 PM
Would you mind linking to the one you purchased? I'm thinking of asking for one for Christmas. TIA

Here's the alert that I have - although it says it's currently out of stock.
http://camelcamelcamel.com/Silhouette-Cameo-Starter-Bundle-Model/product/B007R83VKE?context=tracker
I have seen it from a 3rd party seller, fulfilled by Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Silhouette-Cameo-Starter-Bundle-Model/dp/B007R83VKE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1441072327&sr=8-1&keywords=silhouette+cameo+old+model

Pennylane
09-01-2015, 01:05 PM
I bought my Silhouette bundle last year on Amazon for $169. I also but an alert on Camel and checked daily on the price . Love mine and use it all the time!

Ann

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

c&j04
09-01-2015, 01:14 PM
Do they ever go on sale at the craft stores? Joann, Michael's, AC Moore?

Occasionally. I'd keep an eye on their ads. I know they were discounted for a week at Michaels the last time a new Cricut came out.

ETA: if you're planning to get one, I'd suggest downloading the free software now. A few weeks of playing around with the design tools was a good time investment for me. You can get the weekly freebies and start a wish list of designs too.