PDA

View Full Version : Update in OP: What Color shoes with this Dress?

StantonHyde
09-07-2015, 01:35 PM
I bought the Boden Clementine dress in blue/pewter. Not sure what color shoes to wear with it to work. Navy?

http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Womens-Dresses/Day-Dresses/WH891/Womens-Clementine-Jacquard-Dress.html?searchtype=STYLE_JUMP

Update:
So upon the advice of folks here, I searched at StienMart for a silver or grey shoe. The only thing they had in my size that I liked was a 9 West pump in a subtle grey reptileish pattern. And its working--I have received many compliments!! I was afraid the dress looked too young on me (I am 50) but all the women at work like it. My husband just said it was not my best look :tongue5: (he tries)

So I would have liked another shoe maybe but this one works and I didnt' plan for the time to get another shoe, so here I am!

I love the blue of the dots on the dress, but the background is definitely brown. I think it would work better on someone with more yellow tones in their skin/hair (I am a blue tone person) but it still looks cute and I am keeping it!

RaleighMom
09-07-2015, 04:31 PM
I plan to wear gray with mine. The spots could read a little on the brown side so you might be able to wear a dark taupe or mushroom-y color. It is such a cute dress, I think! We will look great! :)

pinkmomagain
09-08-2015, 03:25 PM
I would do nude, gray, or silver metallic.

gatorsmom
09-08-2015, 03:46 PM
Cute dress! If I'm seeing right on my screen, the fabric between the dots looks brown. You could do brown shoes in the same color and it would be pretty imo, though very "matchy-matchy" if that isn't your thing. The copper shoes it's styled with on the website are very pretty. I agree you could do nude, too, but I think that on the color wheel tan would look better than gray or silver with that color blue. jmho.

StantonHyde
09-08-2015, 07:14 PM
poop--I hope its not brown in between the blue. I was hoping it was more blue and grey. Brown is not my color. Oh well, I will have to look. I think I would love silver shoes with it--but probably not for work. hmmm. maybe grey shoes will be ok

SnuggleBuggles
09-08-2015, 07:21 PM
You don't think you could get away with a silver shoe for work? http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/cole-haan-air-tali-wedge-pump-women/3172319?origin=category-personalizedsort&contextualcategoryid=0&fashionColor=&resultback=164