PDA

View Full Version : White pants after labor day?

khalloc
09-10-2015, 01:45 PM
Are white pants a total no-no after labor day?
My SIL is having a joing anniversary/40th b-day party for her husband mid-September. Its at a private club that I have never been to. But from looking at the pictures online, the interior is not fancy, think of like an Elks Club, or American Legion type place (drop ceilings, simple round tables, etc...Its at 5:00 and I dont know the end-time. They have having some food catered, and some home-made.
Was thinking about buying a pair of Boden Chelsea Turn-ups in white, wearing a pair of wedge sandals and a sequined tank from Garnet Hill http://garnethill.scene7.com/is/image/garnethill//32594_main

Its been hot here in VT, like 75-90 degrees. Next weekends weather looks like it will be in the 70s.

Of course I'd rather buy a color I can wear in the winter, so I am also considering the purple pants too. I have the GH tank in grey and in black. So either one would work.

So...white pants?

SnuggleBuggles
09-10-2015, 01:49 PM
Eh, maybe. I would prefer a dark washed jean with that.

daisysmom
09-10-2015, 02:07 PM
I wore a pair of bell bottomed white jeans last night in VA (94 degrees) to a party-type thing and I remarked to my DH "I guess people really do still follow the white pants rule" b/c everyone had on dark jeans. Here people do wear white jeans before Memorial Day (in fact, Easter is what I learned growing up) but I definitely saw that the fashionable youth I was with were trendier in their dark jeans (still tank tops tho).

khalloc
09-10-2015, 02:28 PM
Dark Jeans work! I have a ton of those. Thanks!

mmsmom
09-10-2015, 05:22 PM
I have that same top & wore it with dark jeans! I was actually planning to wear it with white jeans but the dark looked much better.

Cam&Clay
09-10-2015, 05:24 PM
I can't do white after Labor Day. I just can't. I agree with the dark washed jeans!

hellokitty
09-10-2015, 08:02 PM
I think that top would look nicer with dark jeans. Ftr, I have no issues with white pants after labor day. In fact I'm wear white pants tomorrow to work.

okinawama
09-10-2015, 10:13 PM
I'd wear whatever makes you feel best, regardless of the season. If you'll feel put together and confident in the white pants, I'd go that route. If you'll be self conscious or doubt your decision, than I'd go with the dark pants. I don't know if it's my perspective that's changed, my self- confidence or just the fact that maybe I'm A bit more stubborn than I used to be, but I find myself rolling my eyes hard on most fashion "rules."

gymnbomb
09-11-2015, 06:09 AM
I have no strong opinion on white pants after Labor Day since in my 30+ years I have never owned a pair. I just wanted to say kudos to those of you who can wear them and keep them clean!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

wendibird22
09-11-2015, 02:21 PM
Well I wore white capri denim pants to work earlier this week so there's my opinion! I figure if I can still wear sandals on my feet I can wear white pants.

bisous
10-02-2015, 01:06 AM
I think dark jeans would be great with that but can you wear jeans to the club? Here we have a club that disallows all denim. Personally I think it is dumb--as if dockers are some how more classy than designer jeans--but somehow the rule still exists. I wear white pants all the time. :)

khalloc
10-02-2015, 01:31 PM
I think dark jeans would be great with that but can you wear jeans to the club? Here we have a club that disallows all denim. Personally I think it is dumb--as if dockers are some how more classy than designer jeans--but somehow the rule still exists. I wear white pants all the time. :)

I'm in Vermont. If they outlawed jeans at places, they would go out of business. VT is a very casual place.