PDA

View Full Version : How to wear ankle boots

khalloc
09-18-2015, 09:14 AM
So I went out on a limb the other day and bought a pair of Born Faylan black suede ankle boots online. They came and I love them, but not sure I will keep them. My feet are slightly wide - do you think these will stretch and break-in a little as I wear them? I think if I move up to a size 8 it might be too big, especially if they stretch.

2nd is that I am not sure how to wear them. Yeah, they look great with almost anything on skinny models, but I am a size 10-12 and I am short - 5'2" so I cant help but think they make my legs look short and stumpy. I really want to start wearing cute shoes/boots though.

I have 1 pair of Lucky Skinny Jeans and they are slightly too long for me. I need to either get them hemmed, or roll them. The boots looked super cute when I rolled them and showed off a little ankle.

I prefer a boot cut jean like Lucky Sweet, but those would cover the ankle boots.

I hate to spend $165 on boots and not really wear them. So keep or return?

mikala
09-18-2015, 09:27 AM
Following because I have been eyeing the same boots and wondering how much I'd wear them.

I think the width part depends on where they feel snug and the material. I have a wide forefoot and comfortably wore a tall Born style last year. I think they were snug at first but were perfect after I wore them around the house. Might be worth a try just wearing them indoors on carpet.

cagey
09-18-2015, 09:46 AM
i wear mine with everything -- pretty much all jeans, bootleg pants (they're my winter staple). My favorite is wiht black tights and skirts/dresses--I've got thick calves and have never found tall boots I like on me, and also dont think the ankle boot without tights is flattering on me, but for the single color YES.

if yours are suede, they'll def loosen up.

you can french cuff your jeans instead of hemming (I roll them inwards)

khalloc
09-18-2015, 10:08 AM
So my boots are tight by the ball of my foot, right at the base of my toes. ANd I've been trying the boots on with no socks/tights. When I get home from work and have been walking and my foot is sweaty (its 80's here now), they are hard to get on. But if I wait awhile they are easier to slip on, but still one foot is tighter across that area of my foot

mom2binsd
09-18-2015, 09:21 PM
I am very short, 4'11'' and about a 0-2, and I have a hard time loving booties, I much prefer the look of boot cut jeans with heels that dont cut up the leg line, I always think it's a look taller people pull off better, but I'd just try a bunch of styles and see what looks good.

etwahl
09-19-2015, 05:38 PM
I'm actually trying to figure out the same thing. I have no idea how to wear booties, and if I even want any!!

SnuggleBuggles
09-19-2015, 06:17 PM
I wear them. I mostly wear them under jeans I wear boot cuts and straight a lot). I sometimes wear them with tights and some casual dresses.