PDA

View Full Version : Recommend your wristlet

cookiemonster80
09-18-2015, 11:01 PM
My Vera Bradley one is dead- the strap finally pulled out of the fabric.

It was heavy- and my keys were on it so it dangled while I drove.

I need another one- since this lasted under a year I'd like to find something more durable.

Or am I just too hard on these?? Perhaps I shouldn't make them so heavy??

AnnieW625
09-19-2015, 01:21 AM
I bought this one from Halogen (http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/halogen-zip-around-leather-wallet/4027180?origin=category-personalizedsort&contextualcategoryid=0&fashionColor=BLACK&resultback=493) at the Nordstrom Anniversary sale this year and I am happy with it. I bought the pink one and love the color; I am so glad I didn't get black. I have an iPhone 5s and the phone fits in the coin purse as long as I don't have all of the cards in it. I like it a lot and it was bigger than I thought it would be, but I really like it and love that I can keep everything in one place.

KrisM
09-19-2015, 06:38 AM
I've used a JuJuBe Be Major for years. I have 2 of them. I put my phone in the front and it fits fine. I have a Moto X now.

I had just decided to try a Vera Bradley. I'm not a big fan of how they look, but I liked the size and features of it. I wanted something that I could use daily and have it also fit into a cross body purse. Right now, the JuJuBe fits into that purse, but takes up a lot of space, so I end up switching things out. I hate to hear the Vera Bradley didn't last long.

DietCokeLover
09-19-2015, 08:11 AM
I have one by Baggalini that I bought at TJ Maxx. I love it. It holds my phone, key fob, cash and a few cards. It also fits nicely in my Baggalini cross body bag so I can carry both if I need to.

I have a keyless car, so I don't have to worry about keys being attached to it though.

acmom
09-19-2015, 08:44 PM
I got this Coach wallet last year and use it both a wristlet and a wallet in larger purses. I love that it holds lots of cards, plus money (and checkbook if you want it), plus my iphone. Sometimes I squeeze in a lip gloss or a few tissues too. It was expensive but has held up great and I use it everyday and lose my stuff a lot less since I'm not moving it from purse to purse.

http://www.coach.com/coach-designer-wallets-double-accordion-zip-wallet-in-smooth-leather/52103.html?cgid=women-wallets&dwvar_color=SV%2FBK

twowhat?
09-19-2015, 09:24 PM
I have a Foley & Corinna wristlet which is beautiful and functional. But it's leather so it's heavier.

If I wanted a lightweight wristlet I'd get a Kipling. I'm a big fan of that brand, great quality, AMAZING zippers. I have a Kipling purse, so do my kids and next I want a Kipling backpack:)

belovedgandp
09-19-2015, 09:35 PM
I'm just hard on wristlets. I've had equal luck with Vera Bradley and Coach. I like the smaller ones not big enough for a checkbook. I have - phone, cash, five key cards and that's it.

I use a carabiner to attach my keys to the wrist strap, so I carry them on the outside and on my wrist when running into stores but drive with just the keys in the ignition.

I had one by 31 that died in less than 6 months. VB and Coach will make it about a year with my continuous use.

I do have large purses I use when I really need things, but just running around most days it's just the wristlet.

solsister
09-20-2015, 02:48 AM
I have used this one for the last 2.5 years, and wear it daily, often will toss it in bigger purse, but during the summer, it's on me, and it's still going strong. I get so many compliments and wanting to know where I got it, from other women. I got it at TJMaxx for 15.99, and think I got a great deal!

http://www.dillards.com/p/sakroots-artist-circle-zip-phone-wristlet/503303735?di=03817524_zi_river_peace&facetCache=pageSize%3D100%26beginIndex%3D0%26order By%3D1

cookiemonster80
09-20-2015, 07:43 PM
I've used a JuJuBe Be Major for years. I have 2 of them. I put my phone in the front and it fits fine. I have a Moto X now.

I had just decided to try a Vera Bradley. I'm not a big fan of how they look, but I liked the size and features of it. I wanted something that I could use daily and have it also fit into a cross body purse. Right now, the JuJuBe fits into that purse, but takes up a lot of space, so I end up switching things out. I hate to hear the Vera Bradley didn't last long.

Can you tell me if the iphone 5 fits in either with a pretty large case?

cookiemonster80
09-20-2015, 07:57 PM
I bought this one from Halogen (http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/halogen-zip-around-leather-wallet/4027180?origin=category-personalizedsort&contextualcategoryid=0&fashionColor=BLACK&resultback=493) at the Nordstrom Anniversary sale this year and I am happy with it. I bought the pink one and love the color; I am so glad I didn't get black. I have an iPhone 5s and the phone fits in the coin purse as long as I don't have all of the cards in it. I like it a lot and it was bigger than I thought it would be, but I really like it and love that I can keep everything in one place.

I've been looking at this one- it wouldn't hold an iphone 5 in a large case would it?

KrisM
09-20-2015, 08:10 PM
Can you tell me if the iphone 5 fits in either with a pretty large case?

I can ask at the bus stop tomorrow if I can test someone's phone. But, it looks like my phone is bigger than an iphone 5, no case and I have plenty of room in the Jujube. I could go much bigger, really.

For the VB Smartphone Wristlet, I have plenty of room in the depth for bigger. And there is a fair amount for width. But, the Moto X uses about all the length. I'm less sure of that one. And it bugs me that the clasp is on the side, not the top, so if it's not secured for some reason, the phone could slide out when I pick it up. The Jujube is on the top, and my phone has never fallen out.