PDA

View Full Version : more hormonal?

tabegle
09-21-2015, 03:51 PM
Seriously, do women's hormones get more volatile as they age? When I was in my 20's everything was fine. After my 2nd child was born when I was in my early 30s, I was introduced to chocolate cravings every two weeks between ovulation and periods. Since then, I have noticed that I do become an irrational bitch around my periods. The only hormones I'm on are for my thyroid.

I had a missed miscarriage and a d&c in July, and I'm pretty sure another chemical pregnancy this week. And I have been stressed with some extended family stuff. But, man-o-man, I just feel like balling now. I was pretty bitchy right before the weekend. I am not used to these volatile emotions and I don't want them.

What the H is going on? Is this normal life stuff? Do I just need to buck up and learn to deal with it? (where did that phrase come from anyway?)

So, seriously, DO women's hormones get more volatile as they age? Or has life thrown me a few more curve balls than expected right now.

ArizonaGirl
09-21-2015, 11:29 PM
Seriously, do women's hormones get more volatile as they age? When I was in my 20's everything was fine. After my 2nd child was born when I was in my early 30s, I was introduced to chocolate cravings every two weeks between ovulation and periods. Since then, I have noticed that I do become an irrational bitch around my periods. The only hormones I'm on are for my thyroid.

I had a missed miscarriage and a d&c in July, and I'm pretty sure another chemical pregnancy this week. And I have been stressed with some extended family stuff. But, man-o-man, I just feel like balling now. I was pretty bitchy right before the weekend. I am not used to these volatile emotions and I don't want them.

What the H is going on? Is this normal life stuff? Do I just need to buck up and learn to deal with it? (where did that phrase come from anyway?)

So, seriously, DO women's hormones get more volatile as they age? Or has life thrown me a few more curve balls than expected right now.

I would say yes to both of these. Hormones do get more wonky as we get older... At least they have for me.

But yes with the missed miscarriage and D & C and chemical pregnancy you have been dealt quite a few hormonal upheavals.

:hug: