PDA

View Full Version : Magnesium supplement for kids

theriviera
09-25-2015, 02:46 PM
I'm interested in trying magenesium for my 4 year old. She is having a lot of trouble sleeping, she complains of her legs hurting, and she has been super anxious lately. She's also constipated. I have low magnesium and I take 400 mg a day. It helps me tremendously.

I have Kids Vitality Natural Calm:
http://www.vitaminshoppe.com/p/natural-vitality-kids-calm-multi-30-oz/n3-1015

But she can't stand the taste/smell (I don't blame her) and she gets really, really worked up about it.

Is there anything I can mix it with that would mask the taste/smell better (I used gatorade)? If not, is there another brand that you would recommend?

Thanks!!

Melaine
09-25-2015, 02:55 PM
We have the regular raspberry-lemon natural calm. My 8 year old takes it every day. We put it in a little shot glass and she drinks it really quick that way. We have found that one sort of yucky swallow is better than trying to drink a cup of it. It's really not that bad IMO, maybe better than the kids. The other thing we have noticed is that if you let it sit for a few minutes, the fizz will die down and it has much less "bite".

On the bright side, it really has seemed to help the tummy issues and anxiety.

georgiegirl
09-25-2015, 03:02 PM
My kids sometimes drink the raspberry lemon natural calm. I put it in water then add some OJ to it. They think it's a treat!

theriviera
09-25-2015, 03:12 PM
I have the raspberry lemon one at home, I'll try that tonight. What does are you giving your kids? She's ~37 lbs.

amom526
09-25-2015, 04:26 PM
You could also add epsom salt to her bath if she takes baths - that's an easy way to get some extra magnesium.

JamiMac
09-25-2015, 05:29 PM
Do you all know if these come in a tablet form? I'm looking for something like this for my 10 year old. She is having recurrent migraines, and I think this may help. I take a magnesium supplement to keep mine at bay, but they are for adults only.