PDA

View Full Version : "large" purse/pocketbook for DD

lmh2402
09-27-2015, 01:04 PM
DD wants a shoulder bag. not a little thing with the small handles - has many of these

she wants like a larger, yet kid-sized bag with straps that will go over her shoulder

ideas for where to look?

we've got lots of little hand bags but she wants "BIGGER!"

thanks

TwoBees
09-27-2015, 06:27 PM
How large of a bag does she want? Does she want two straps, or will a single strap be ok? You could do a small or extra small LLbean or Lands' End tote with the long handles. Also try Kohl's.

What about one of these?
http://www.ebags.com/product/ebags/terrace-mini-bag/94557?productid=10338354
http://www.ebags.com/product/ebags/piazza-day-bag/94553?productid=1237312

Ebags is a good place to browse, maybe she can show you a few styles she likes and you can look for similar bags locally, if you want to buy at a B&M store.

lmh2402
09-28-2015, 08:49 PM
thanks!

she's only 3 so too bit would be not feasible

but she's looking for sort of an open top bag - like a mini version of my hobo bag. big for her. would LOVE it to have a single strap.

good idea to look around ebags

thanks!

TwoBees
09-29-2015, 09:54 AM
thanks!

she's only 3 so too bit would be not feasible

but she's looking for sort of an open top bag - like a mini version of my hobo bag. big for her. would LOVE it to have a single strap.

good idea to look around ebags

thanks!

Oh, Lol! I thought she was 7 or 8.

What about a blank canvas tote from a craft store that she can decorate herself? I have seen really small ones there.

If I think of anything else, I'll let you know!

vonfirmath
09-29-2015, 12:00 PM
Our local grocery store (HEB) gave out these small totes that are bigger than the average kid purse. Its a GREAT size for my 4 year old. (And nicely fits a ipad mini and my spiral notebook inside.

Tenasparkl
09-29-2015, 01:45 PM
Maybe an old bag of yours that you don't use anymore? My DD's favorite bag was one of mine that I never used much. Or maybe just take her to Target or one of those kid jewelry places in a mall (like Claire's) and let her pick out an inexpensive bag.

mikala
09-29-2015, 03:10 PM
I'd probably take her somewhere with lots of inexpensive choices like Target or Kohl's and see what she likes.