PDA

View Full Version : Instant Pot Help: lost part, can it explode?

maydaymommy
09-28-2015, 01:50 PM
Ugh, I'm so frustrated with myself (which is for the BP).

I lost a little piece and I need to know if it will explode without it. I'm missing that little plastic cap on the end of a plug kind of thing. Pic in link below:

http://instantpot.com/store/product.php?productid=16&cat=0&page=&featured=Y

I have an Instant Pot Duo (whichever one was big on BBB last year). I just got it out for the first time in months and I can't find the tiny silicone cap that goes on the end of the float valve! I know that I had removed it to clean everything, then I put the valve and the anti-block shield (cage like thing) in a "special, important place" so I wouldn't lose them!

I am sick, I wanted to make chicken soup, and I spent all morning cleaning the kitchen to look in every little cranny and catch all container.

Do I have to have the little silicone cap to use it safely? Can I blow us all up if I make a huge pot of soup without it? It does have the anti-block shield, but I don't know if the cap acts like an important stopper or anything. I guess if pressure built up, the float valve would rise and go all the way out? I have no idea, actually.

Any advice appreciated, especially if you think I can make soup before a replacement gets ordered and shipped.

urquie
09-28-2015, 02:44 PM
My guess is you won't get a tight seal, so won't be able to pressure cook... with that in mind, you should be able to slow cook and sauté.

petesgirl
09-28-2015, 02:45 PM
Is there a customer service # you can call? I'm sure they would tell it was important though...

maydaymommy
09-28-2015, 03:20 PM
My guess is you won't get a tight seal, so won't be able to pressure cook... with that in mind, you should be able to slow cook and sauté.

I found an Instant Pot group and they said something similar - use slow cooker, it will just take longer.

Is there a customer service # you can call? I'm sure they would tell it was important though...

That's what I was thinking, too. They have to say don't use it without that part.

Today's a lost cause. I'll do it in on the stove tomorrow probably.

WatchingThemGrow
09-29-2015, 06:00 AM
I'd say to just slow cook without the part. It'll still be tasty.

Was anyone else tempted by the bluetooth IP on amazon deals yesterday? I was so tempted... but I used it on slow cook and made 2 huge roasts. delicious. decided my non-bluetooth version is fine.

urquie
09-29-2015, 10:18 AM
Was anyone else tempted by the bluetooth IP on amazon deals yesterday? I was so tempted... but I used it on slow cook and made 2 huge roasts. delicious. decided my non-bluetooth version is fine.

Can you please share your recipes for the the roasts?

WatchingThemGrow
09-29-2015, 11:04 AM
Can you please share your recipes for the the roasts?

sure! http://www.thekitchn.com/slow-cooker-recipe-savory-mapledijon-pot-roast-recipes-from-the-kitchn-199490
Oddly, my 2 carnivores didn't devour it, but the other 5 ppl at the table did. One was just tasting solid food for the first time in 6 weeks, and the other was sitting next to a silly guest, but my guess it that they'll eat it for an after school snack just fine... We loved it.

urquie
09-29-2015, 02:09 PM
Sounds yummy, thanks!