PDA

View Full Version : Deals on Hunter rain boots or rec for another?

octmom
10-02-2015, 07:49 PM
We've had a ton of rain in VA and it has me thinking about rain boots. I have an older pair that I don't really like and never wear. I was thinking of getting something a little cuter as a pick me up for rainy days. I like Hunter boots but am not convinced that I want to drop $$ on them. Does anyone know if/ where deals can be had on them? Or do you have other rain boots to recommend that are not as pricey?

DD also has been asking for rain boots, so I am in the market for some for her too. She wears a 5.5 Youth, which is about the same as a women's 7. I don't want to spend a lot on hers because she will outgrow them and have bigger feet than me soon! She is only nine and a half and is already catching up to my size 8 feet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mommy_Mea
10-02-2015, 08:33 PM
I bought Kamik Jennifer rain boots in lieu of Hunters last Spring. Love them. SO comfortable!! I paid $25 through Amazon Warehouse, but I would have been happy even at ~$50.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0041FI6OW?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage

ang79
10-02-2015, 09:33 PM
I have Kamik Heidi boots from Amazon. Mine are a boring army green color (that was the cheapest color when I bought them, I think they were only $20). They aren't super tall boots, but that's ok for me since I'm short. They are not super comfortable but they work for what I need, which is basically to walk to and from the bus stop in wet weather or do Girl Scout activities when its muddy. I like that they aren't super wide at the top like most rain boots are on my (and always lets the rain or puddle splashes down into the boots).

liz
10-03-2015, 08:20 AM
Following this thread. I have also been thinking of buying new rainboots. I own a pair of Hunters and while I love them, I really need something shorter for work. It's a bit ridiculous wearing my uniform and wearing those huge tall boots for a 5 minute walk. I feel like Santa Claus lol.

OP, while I love my Hunters, those Kamik Jennifer boots look really good, esp for the price!

octmom
10-03-2015, 09:59 AM
Thanks! Those Kamiks do look good.

Smillow
10-03-2015, 04:15 PM
Last summer I found a pair of Hunter boots (with laces - not classics) at Nordstrm Rack on clearance for $45! I wear an 11, so that may be an anomaly.

Charlie
10-03-2015, 04:41 PM
I like LL Beans wellies though I just checked the site and they are more expensive than I remember.

oneplustwo
10-04-2015, 06:39 AM
I bought Kamik Jennifer rain boots in lieu of Hunters last Spring. Love them. SO comfortable!! I paid $25 through Amazon Warehouse, but I would have been happy even at ~$50.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0041FI6OW?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage

I've had the Kamik Jennifer boots for about three years now, and love them. The foot bed has great support for my feet, the boots are very flexible (I can wear them driving whereas I could never wear my LL Bean rainboots as they were too stiff). i also bought them from Amazon. I was worried that the silver medallion would be too flashy/in your face for me, but it's low key and rather blends into the boot. They are comfortable for walking the dog an hour at a time. Very happy with them!

ourbabygirl
10-04-2015, 10:42 AM
Not sure how tall you are or what size you need, but I'm about 5'2"/ 5'3", and got a pair of the kids' Hunter boots from Nordstrom a year or two ago. I got the biggest size they have (I wear about a 7.5 in women's), and they fit great- aren't too tall on my legs. I got red to start for something fun and different, but exchanged them later for black, as I felt like Ronald McDonald in tall bright red boots. :)

octmom
10-04-2015, 10:51 AM
I've had the Kamik Jennifer boots for about three years now, and love them. The foot bed has great support for my feet, the boots are very flexible (I can wear them driving whereas I could never wear my LL Bean rainboots as they were too stiff). i also bought them from Amazon. I was worried that the silver medallion would be too flashy/in your face for me, but it's low key and rather blends into the boot. They are comfortable for walking the dog an hour at a time. Very happy with them!

Good to know. I wondered about that medallion.

I also came across these today and thought they looked good. I wonder how comfortable they are. https://www.nordstromrack.com/shop/product/1374590/14th-union-skye-rainboot?color=BLACK

Mommy_Mea
10-06-2015, 07:49 AM
Last summer I found a pair of Hunter boots (with laces - not classics) at Nordstrm Rack on clearance for $45! I wear an 11, so that may be an anomaly.

I am a size 11 too and so jealous!!!

cookiemonster80
10-07-2015, 05:41 PM
I also have the kamik Jennifer's and love them/ be warned they are tall! And have pretty narrow calf openings

Mommy_Mea
10-07-2015, 09:43 PM
Go to Costco's website and search "hunter rain" and it will bring up $79.99 hunter boots!

ETA: Now that I already have a pair of boots, I keep stumbling upon great Hunter deals. I was at Nordstrom Rack today, and they had a whole table of Hunter boots. I also saw the 14th & Union boots and they were really nice looking, and heavy.

94bruin
10-12-2015, 10:39 AM
Go to Costco's website and search "hunter rain" and it will bring up $79.99 hunter boots!

ETA: Now that I already have a pair of boots, I keep stumbling upon great Hunter deals. I was at Nordstrom Rack today, and they had a whole table of Hunter boots. I also saw the 14th & Union boots and they were really nice looking, and heavy.
Thanks for the heads up! Got me a pair of Hunter boots I've been eyeing.

(desperately hoping that the El Nino predictions are true for California this year!)

emmaesplin
11-01-2015, 12:04 AM
6pm.com has Hunters on sale. Hint: Try the men's..less flashy but the circumference is a bit wider...a hit if you have wider calves

RedSuedeShoes
11-01-2015, 02:01 AM
I love my Bogs. I forget how much I paid, but I looked for a while and finally found somewhat of a deal - through 6pm maybe. I live where it rains a lot, so it's worth it to have comfortable, warm, waterproof boots. It might be a good idea to try them on first if you want to buy online though. My friend found she needed to size up. I ended up buying my usual size though.

athompson
11-01-2015, 09:17 AM
6pm.com has Hunters on sale. Hint: Try the men's..less flashy but the circumference is a bit wider...a hit if you have wider calves
Never thought about doing this...thanks!

octmom
11-07-2015, 05:54 PM
I asked about this a month ago and hadn't gotten around to ordering yet. I was at Costco today and they had the Hunter boots in the store, so I just picked up a black pair. They had matte black and hunter green. Online (not on Costco.com) I was eyeing the black glossy, but the matte works for me since it is a lot less $. It's rainy here today, but I may do a little more online searching for other brands before I decide whether or not to keep these boots from Costco.