PDA

View Full Version : What are you/dc going to be for Halloween?

joules
10-04-2015, 06:38 PM
We are having a star wars themed Halloween this year.

I will be Padme in her arena costume...which is a little more form fitting than I'm comfortable with. I will be wearing a Padme "inspired" costume: white jeggings with a flow-y white top.
DS1 will be Luke Skywalker from A New Hope.
DS2 will be Yoda.
I might convince DH to dress in all black for Anakin.

We get to wear costumes for work too. 3 of us are going to dress up as TLC. I will be Left Eye. We still need to decide if we are early or late era TLC. haha.

hillview
10-04-2015, 06:44 PM
Dh and I will be vampires
ds1 will be a scary jester
ds2 is a zombie football player.

gymnbomb
10-04-2015, 07:04 PM
DS will be a Dalmatian. DH and I don't dress up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

liz
10-04-2015, 07:11 PM
The kids are going as Indiana Jones, Boba Fett and a Stormtrooper. I bought a cute pirate costume a few years ago on deep discount after Halloween. I want DH to dress up this year too, but no ideas yet.

94bruin
10-04-2015, 07:22 PM
My 6yo is going as a Hawaiian/luau dancer. My 10 yo is going to be cotton candy (her friend is going to be carnival popcorn.)

AlbrightRC
10-04-2015, 07:23 PM
My 7 year old son is going to be a ninja...husband and I don't dress up

DualvansMommy
10-04-2015, 07:24 PM
DS originally wanted to be Spider-Man while DS2 is Mickey Mouse. But now he wants to be Batman and dress DS2 as Robin. We shall see which one DS1 wants to be when it's closer to Halloween.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ellies mom
10-04-2015, 07:25 PM
My oldest is going to be Young Link. My youngest is going to be Wonder Woman. The husband and I need to settle on our costumes. Right now we are leaning towards Nick Fury and Maria Hill.

I was going to dress up as for work but I ended up not being scheduled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tenasparkl
10-04-2015, 08:38 PM
We're all doing Star Wars costumes, but kind of an odd assortment.

DD is going to be Ahsoka Tano (she has Leia and Rey costumes too, so there's a chance she'll switch)
DS is going to be Boba Fett (he has Darth Vader too)
DH is going to be Chewbecca
I'm either wearing my Her Universe Han Solo dress or making a Leia on Endor costume. I was hoping one of the kids would be an Ewok but they weren't interested.

123LuckyMom
10-04-2015, 09:08 PM
Well... I'm trying to get my kids to change their minds. My daughter wants to be a pink lemon (?), and my son wants to be a leaf, blade of grass, or a twig. I don't get it. They've usually had coordinating or identical costumes. DD's first Halloween they were both skeletons. Then DD was a dragon, DS was St. George (or some kind of knight). Last year they were both bats. They're not the most inventive team.

candaceb
10-04-2015, 09:13 PM
DS is going to be Clark Kent. Somewhat miraculously, the whole costume is done a month ahead of the time with the exception of tacking up the sleeves on the jacket and the hem on the pants. He is not allowed to change his mind at this point!

jent
10-04-2015, 09:55 PM
DD is going to be a unicorn. Which reminds me, we're going to make a hoodie-based costume and I need to order the plain hoodie!

klwa
10-05-2015, 08:28 AM
I haven't decided which costume to pull out for myself yet. (I've got a Snow White, Princess Leia, and 50's poodle skirt all in the closet.)

DS is going to be Commander Cody, the Clone Trooper.

DD1 is going to be Cinderella, from the new movie.

DD2 is going as Doc McStuffins.

Who know what DH will be. He has Darth Vader, R2D2 (he built it himself using a trash barrel & a motorized wheelchair motor, but I think one of the axles got damaged last year & hasn't been replaced), Darth Maul, the knight from Monty Python & the Holy Grail who gets his arms cut off, and a Scottish kilt. It's been a couple of years since he went all out & created a new costume.

georgiegirl
10-05-2015, 09:39 AM
DD (9) will be Hermione granger.

Ds1 (6) will be Harry Potter.

Ds2 (2) will be a duck. The older two wanted him to be Hedwig or Padfoot, but I couldn't find the right costumes.

Oddly enough, my older two look very much like Harry and Hermione when they are in costume. It's uncanny. DD has the same coloring and hair color. DS has the same hair as young Harry Potter, it's just a little lighter. They could probably win a contest.

Binkandabee
10-05-2015, 10:04 AM
DD#1 is going to be a Valkyrie
DD#2 is going to be Frankenstein
DH and I are going to be steampunk vampires

Super excited because DH and I have never dressed up before!

lmh2402
10-05-2015, 01:08 PM
DS wants to be a hawk. very specific about what this means - has vetoed multiple things I found on amazon that said eagle mask, eagle wings, etc. not sure what we'll end up doing b/c I'm NOT killing myself this year to make some life-like hawk costume.

DD wants to be a princess/queen...who knows. will probably just put her in one of the many dress up dresses she has and call it a day

lizzywednesday
10-05-2015, 03:42 PM
DD is going to be a witch. We're in the midst of accessories shopping right now.

I haven't decided whether I'm dressing up or not.

DH also hasn't decided whether or not he's dressing up.

StantonHyde
10-05-2015, 04:02 PM
DD is creating her own steam punk costume. Not sure about DS--he is in 6th grade this year and just turned 13. He may not go out this year.

rlu
10-05-2015, 04:28 PM
DS hasn't decided if he's going to dress up or not. The last two years he's dressed as Kaepernick, but he's on the outs with Kap right now (dude, you're a quarterback not a running back, act it!) so I'm not sure what he'd choose. Last year he didn't trick or treat, just handed out candy with DH. This year he's talking about ToT again.

DH and I haven't dressed up for years. I have a standard black robe with separate hood from high school that still fits me (I think my mom used a jawa costume pattern but made it black) that I use sans hood as a witch base. I have a witch hat I like, so I've done this multiple years and am kinda bored with it. We aren't going anywhere though, so I don't plan to invest much money in this.

GaPeach_in_Ca
10-05-2015, 06:48 PM
ODS - not dressing up
YDS - Insisted he was not dressing up for school parade or even going trick-or-treat. He's in 2nd grade, wth? I have now convinced him to wear his awesome costume from last year at least for school. It's a Demon Dragon from Chasing Fireflies.

Me (grown up party) - I'm thinking of this one because it's so dang funny:
The Dress (http://www.yandy.com/What-Is-The-Color-Dress-Costume.php)

However, I would normally never wear something tight in the tummy, so I haven't decided yet.

DH - no idea, maybe some other internet meme, like ice bucket challenge or something

Mommy_Mea
10-05-2015, 07:41 PM
DS1 is going to be the sun (he was Neptune and Jupiter in past years, I just keep covering the same costume in new felt).
DS2 is going to be Darth Vader or Super Why (both costumes we already own, YES!!!)

I have my standard witch hat, but DS2 is giving me a hard time about not having a "real" costume, and it is hard to deter this 4 year old!

rkold
10-05-2015, 08:35 PM
Unsure for actual Halloween, but we're going to the Halloween Party in WDW next week so....

DD is going to be Princess Aurora/Sleeping Beauty and I'm going as a modern interpretation of Merryweather. I still need to make a cape and headband/hat and wand. I'm hoping to work on it tomorrow and Wednesday.

IansMom
10-06-2015, 09:40 AM
For the past two years, DS has wanted to be a pirate, so I am so happy that this year he has asked to be a bat! I just ordered the Gymboree bat cape from 2013 from eBay. I'll probably just put him in a black jogging suit. Easy Peasy!