PDA

View Full Version : Quick help - Naturepedic mattress

mackmama
10-05-2015, 04:12 PM
We bought a Naturepedic mattress for DC specifically to have a "healthy" mattress that won't off-gas. It was just delivered, and it STINKS! Is this normal?

Kindra178
10-05-2015, 05:44 PM
Ours (we have 2) didn't smell. Way too heavy though.

mackmama
10-05-2015, 11:11 PM
We are returning the mattress because the smell is just awful. There is no way DC could have slept on it. The CS told me that others have complained about the smell and to air it out for at least a week to see if the smell goes away. I'm not sure who buys a mattress and doesn't plan to sleep on it for a week after arrival, but that won't work for us so back it goes.

mom2binsd
10-05-2015, 11:26 PM
I'd
just get a regular mattress, I'm not sure I buy the whole off gas thing. I've heard others say that the hype around the naturepedic is just that, hype.

Zukini
10-06-2015, 06:44 AM
We have a Lullaby Earth one which is made by Naturepedic and it never smelled weird at any point. We opened it early before baby arrived to "off gas" and had it set up in crib in our master bedroom. Nary a weird smell. We did pick it though, to previous poster's point, because the Naturepedic was ridiculously heavy when we tried them in store. I can lift the LE mattress and change the sheet on it so easily. We use a Naturepedic organic waterproof pad on top. Worth a look if you decide to return the first one (they sell a dual sided firmness version, can't say I see a huge difference in firmness when I feel it but we are still on the infant side).