PDA

View Full Version : Odyssey of the Mind?

nfowife
10-07-2015, 03:38 PM
Anyone have any insight into this? Our school is starting this program and before I commit my kid(s) to it, I wanted to get more info.

ahisma
10-07-2015, 03:56 PM
I'm a coach and the chair of our program. What grades are the kids that are interested? It's more laid back at the K-2 level than the 3-5 level, but is a great experience at all levels.

pharmjenn
10-07-2015, 07:59 PM
I'm a coach and the chair of our program. What grades are the kids that are interested? It's more laid back at the K-2 level than the 3-5 level, but is a great experience at all levels.

I really wanted to get DS7 (2nd grade) into it, but we missed the family info night. I have friends who have older kids, and run the program. Unfortunately, the required training dates fell on my work weekends, so it wasn't going to work for this year anyway.

Globetrotter
10-07-2015, 08:41 PM
It's a great program that encourages creativity. We had an awesome coach who let the kids do their thing. Despite stringent rules, a lot of teams have overbearing parents.

nfowife
10-07-2015, 08:43 PM
My kids are in 3rd and 5th. Not sure if they would both be interested or not.

Globetrotter
10-07-2015, 11:07 PM
It's a great program that encourages creativity. We had an awesome coach who let the kids do their thing. Despite stringent rules, a lot of teams have overbearing parents.