PDA

View Full Version : Vacation Help?!?

gymnbomb
10-07-2015, 07:55 PM
This is a cross between a B!tch post and an ask for suggestions.

We had booked a cruise from Boston to Bermuda next June and I just found out it was cancelled. We have taken it twice before and LOVE it. We could reschedule for another date, but it would either cost more or be in a smaller, worse room.

It will be me, DH, and DS who would be a little over 2 if we went early summer and almost 2.5 if we went late summer. I am available mid May through mid August. My parents may or may not come with us. Budget is $3-4K total, including lodging, food, entertainment, and transportation. We live in southern New England and are willing to drive up to maybe a day, though less would be great. Where would you go? We usually do cruises or invite ourselves to a beach house that my parents rent. We would like to choose something DS would have fun with.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mmsmom
10-07-2015, 08:21 PM
I would demand the same price/accommodations from the cruise company if they canceled the cruise you had booked & paid for. Go up the chain until you are satisfied.

gymnbomb
10-07-2015, 08:34 PM
I would demand the same price/accommodations from the cruise company if they canceled the cruise you had booked & paid for. Go up the chain until you are satisfied.

They offered the same price on certain sailings, but only in October when I can't be away from work. My travel agent is looking into it for me.

Indianamom2
10-07-2015, 09:00 PM
Well that stinks! What about something like Atlantis or one of the Beaches locations? I've stayed in the Sandals version of Beaches and had a great experience. I know nothing personally about Atlantis other than that it looks like a fun family vacation.

gymnbomb
10-07-2015, 09:09 PM
Well that stinks! What about something like Atlantis or one of the Beaches locations? I've stayed in the Sandals version of Beaches and had a great experience. I know nothing personally about Atlantis other than that it looks like a fun family vacation.

We may look into an all inclusive. I've done a couple of them in the Bahamas before and enjoyed them. We were hoping to avoid flying -- that was one of many reasons we had picked the Bermuda cruise. We live an hour and a half from the port. I guess part of my uncertainty is that I have no idea what DS will think is fun next summer? This summer he liked swimming in his grandpa's pool for short periods of time, but wasn't thrilled with the beach, and flipped out when I put a life jacket on him at a public pool.

JElaineB
10-07-2015, 11:11 PM
Check out the Norwegian forum on Cruise Critic for a couple threads on this issue. The sailing after yours was cancelled as well but they are getting price protection on ANY sailing that summer, not just the October dates. Have you looked into whether the Gem or Breakaway from New York would work for you?

gymnbomb
10-08-2015, 06:58 AM
Check out the Norwegian forum on Cruise Critic for a couple threads on this issue. The sailing after yours was cancelled as well but they are getting price protection on ANY sailing that summer, not just the October dates. Have you looked into whether the Gem or Breakaway from New York would work for you?

That was where I found out about it. We (us, my parents who were going with us, and my travel agent) have still not been notified by NcL, and it is still showing up as booked in my online account. Considering Breakaway. We have done the Gem and like the ship but dislike the itinerary.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk