PDA

View Full Version : Fun Gender Reveal Ideas for DH

psimpson3-5
10-08-2015, 09:37 AM
I literally just found out I'm having a girl. I desperately want to tell DH, but I'd like to make it special. Especially since my pregnancy reveal was lame. I do work full time and DH is away on a business trip until tomorrow night. So unfortunately, I do not have much time to put something super crafty together. Any fun ideas? TIA!

mikala
10-08-2015, 09:56 AM
It isn't super original but you could just wrap up some cute little girl shoes or have a local bakery do a small gender cake with neutral frosting and a pink or strawberry center.

It might also be fun to involve the older sibling in some way if he/she is aware of baby.

Liziz
10-08-2015, 11:03 AM
I got to "reveal" to DH (and DD1), since I found out at an ultrasound DH couldn't come to. I didn't have much time either, so what I did was simple but I loved it. I bought a mylar "it's a girl!" balloon and a couple pink latex balloons. Then, I put them in a big box (I used one of those big Rubbermaid storage bins we had around the house. I used construction paper to cut out a big question mark and put it on the outside of the box. When DH got home, he (with DD1's help) got to open the box, and the balloons (which were helium) flew up out of the box to reveal. I was ready with my camera, and it made for some fun pictures as well, both to capture the expression and with the balloons floating up as the pictures were taken.

If you do this, just be aware that balloons take up a lot of space so if you're putting more than one in the box you need a pretty big box! I actually had to remove a balloon from what I'd bought because they didn't all fit.

Oh, and most important....congrats! It's always so exciting to find out the gender!

AnnieW625
10-08-2015, 01:21 PM
Just want to say congrats! I told DH I was pregnant the minute I done peeing on a stick all three times. We didn't find out the gender though so no help there. Is there a favorite sports team or hobby your DH has that you could get a girl themed gift for?

twowhat?
10-08-2015, 01:45 PM
I just wanted to say I don't know how your DH can stand to wait for a reveal! Mine would simply want to know. RIGHT NOW. Over the phone or by text, if he couldn't make it to "the" appointment! He wouldn't give a lick about a special reveal!

I love all these ideas though. Or you could go subtle - leave a single pink sock on the drivers seat of his car, leave his computer browser window open with a list of girl names...

boogiemom
10-08-2015, 01:47 PM
Fill a black balloon with pink or blue confetti. Pop the balloon. Ta-Da!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

psimpson3-5
10-08-2015, 02:11 PM
I just wanted to say I don't know how your DH can stand to wait for a reveal! Mine would simply want to know. RIGHT NOW. Over the phone or by text, if he couldn't make it to "the" appointment! He wouldn't give a lick about a special reveal!

DH doesn't know that I know!!! I had what my (D)S lovingly calls the "old lady blood test" last Thursday. (I'll be 35 when I give birth.) I was told it would take 7-10 days for the results. On a whim, I called today to see if they had the results. AND THEY DID! :applause:

psimpson3-5
10-08-2015, 02:13 PM
Just want to say congrats! I told DH I was pregnant the minute I done peeing on a stick all three times. We didn't find out the gender though so no help there. Is there a favorite sports team or hobby your DH has that you could get a girl themed gift for?

Of course DH only likes Formula 1! No football, baseball, hockey, or basketball at our home! Just race cars!
UGH!

twowhat?
10-08-2015, 03:12 PM
DH doesn't know that I know!!! I had what my (D)S lovingly calls the "old lady blood test" last Thursday. (I'll be 35 when I give birth.) I was told it would take 7-10 days for the results. On a whim, I called today to see if they had the results. AND THEY DID! :applause:

Oh man, then I vote totally go subtle until he figures it out!!! LOL!!

ExcitedMamma
10-08-2015, 04:19 PM

What test is that? Is that something with the new genetic tests by blood?

And CONGRATULATIONS!!

Liziz
10-08-2015, 09:58 PM
Oh man, then I vote totally go subtle until he figures it out!!! LOL!!

LOL, if this was my DH I'd be leaving subtle clues until the baby was born! With DD1, I gave him a onesie with ruffles, flowers, and butterflies all over it that said "I love daddy" .... and he opened it, said "oh, that's nice", and then asked me "so, could they tell the gender on the ultrasound?" He said that since the background of the onesie was white, it seemed "neutral" to him!

AnnieW625
10-09-2015, 11:40 AM
Of course DH only likes Formula 1! No football, baseball, hockey, or basketball at our home! Just race cars!
UGH!

I am the product of two race car loving parents (Richard Petty, and Mario Andretti were early childhood heroes of mine) . I was gifted a small BMW 2002 Matchbox car as a kid, it was orange and I loved that car more than the rest. Maybe you could find a pink Matchbox race car, or a toddler size race suit?

jenstring95
10-12-2015, 12:09 AM
Maybe something like this?

http://www.amazon.com/2011-2012-Hot-Wheels-IZOD-Indy/dp/B008FHS3DG/ref=sr_1_1?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1444622558&sr=1-1&keywords=pink+formula+1+car

or the maybe more useful but less authentic:

http://www.amazon.com/Green-Toys-Race-Car-Pink/dp/B004K6KM9E/ref=sr_1_1?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1444622611&sr=1-1&keywords=pink+race+car

psimpson3-5
10-12-2015, 08:40 AM
Maybe something like this?

http://www.amazon.com/2011-2012-Hot-Wheels-IZOD-Indy/dp/B008FHS3DG/ref=sr_1_1?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1444622558&sr=1-1&keywords=pink+formula+1+car

or the maybe more useful but less authentic:

http://www.amazon.com/Green-Toys-Race-Car-Pink/dp/B004K6KM9E/ref=sr_1_1?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1444622611&sr=1-1&keywords=pink+race+car

Both very cute! Thank you!

AngB
10-12-2015, 09:40 AM
Have you still not told him yet?!

Oh my goodness. I would only be able to keep the secret for like 2 hours max. I am impressed!

psimpson3-5
10-12-2015, 09:53 AM
Have you still not told him yet?!

Oh my goodness. I would only be able to keep the secret for like 2 hours max. I am impressed!

I ended up having a cake made. I wish I would have seen the post about the race car earlier. I totally would have done that.

Nonetheless, we went out to dinner Friday night and he cut into the cake. It was fun!