PDA

View Full Version : help - heartburn?

♥ms.pacman♥
10-09-2015, 09:58 PM
yesterday we went out to PeiWei for dinner bc we had a teacher conference and picked up the kids rather late. i ate the my usual traditional chicken lettuce wraps as a meal but this time added the sauce on the side. oh wow, in an hour i felt like what i think is major heartburn....felt like reflux + major pressure/pain in my chest, and it lasted all night. no big deal i thought, it was bc of the sauce (i never have it) i figured it would be gone the next day.

well this morning i STILL had it and more than 24 hours later i STILL am feeling it on and off. it's not so much a burning sensation but tons of pressure, very uncomfortable as if someone is stepping on my chest! :( other times it feels like something right there in my throat..it feels AWFUL. i usually never get this ..i don't recall having this since i was pg with DD several years ago (i had it so badly in my 3rd trimester, it was downright awful..zantac didn't do squat).

any suggestions/home remedies, at least to survive the night? tea?? as luck would have it, DH is out to a work thing the rest of the night and all day tomorrow so the earliest i could get to a drugstore would be tmw morning, and i'd have to schlep the kids along. we have nothing in our medicine cabinet as we just moved and cleared out a bunch of stuff. I used to have tums but TBH they never seemed to really help, at least when things were this severe.

MommyAllison
10-09-2015, 10:35 PM
A friend of mine uses La Croix sparkling water for reflux, at her midwife's suggestion. She said it works really well! Hope you are able to find relief soon!

bcafe
10-09-2015, 11:39 PM
I have to use maximum strength liquid antacid. Nothing else works as quickly as liquid.

ang79
10-09-2015, 11:50 PM
I had bad heart burn once and couldn't sleep so I Googled for home remedies. Lots of places recommended baking soda dissolved into a bit of water so I tried it (don't remember the exact amount but you can look online). It tastes awful but helped enough that I was able to sleep.

boogiemom
10-10-2015, 03:51 PM
Try 1/2 tsp. of apple cider vinegar. Straight. Have water ready to chase it as it is nasty. I had terrible heartburn and acid reflux for years. Started the acv before bedtime every night for a few months. Completely solved the problem. Now I only use it as needed. Good luck!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BunnyBee
10-10-2015, 07:27 PM
The pressure sounds more like gallbladder than heartburn. Hope you feel better soon!

MSWR0319
10-10-2015, 10:23 PM
I"ve got reflux so bad right now it's irritate my vagal nerve. Pepcid Complete ( I like the chewable) has really helped calm it until I get into the GI. I'm also on a prescription med, but it's not cutting it so the GP added the pepcid. She said it's the best out there for OTC, as did my allergist.