PDA

View Full Version : Disney questions

flashy09
10-10-2015, 05:17 PM
Do I need a FP for the Mine Train or can we ride it at 8 am with extra magic hours? Same with Soarin at Epcot. Also, for the ride swap do we all need a FP (DH, me, DD1) or just a parent and DD1? DD2 will need someone to stay with her and is under 3.

How strict for the 40 inches? DD1 is just about 39 inches or a hair under. With shoes she probably is around 39.5. 6 weeks to grow lol....will she pass?

Thank you!!

cckwmh
10-10-2015, 06:38 PM
I went the end of august and the line for mine train was at 45 minutes within 5 minutes of the park opening (crowd level was a 4 that day). it quickly grew to 70 minutes. We ride shared everything. you don't need a fastpass to rideshare, but the ride share is a fast pass for up to 3 people with a long expiration (like a week). we actually didn't use them all and ended up passing them on to families we met along our trip. DD1 was definitely tall enough for everything and DD2 was no where near, so I didn't pay attention to the measurements. Have fun!

PZMommy
10-10-2015, 06:45 PM
I find at DL they are pretty strict with the height limit. My DS was 39 inches and not allowed to ride the 40 inch rides. My aunt used to have her DS wear cowboy boots and put either a folded up maxi pad or those small packages of Kleenex under his feet in his boots to give him extra height. He had health issues that stunted his growth, and he was nearly 7 before he reached 40 inches. Maybe worth trying if she is not quite tall enough in 6 weeks.

rkold
10-10-2015, 11:59 PM
I find them strict at both WDW and DL. And it's 40 inches in sneakers not 40 inches barefoot that the height line is designed for. DD was 40 inches at the pediatrician's, which I consider pretty accurate, but to make the 40 inch height line she needs to be in sneakers, her flats won't do it.

They also will make you take off shoes they think have too much of a heel and switch to sandals or sneakers. This happened to us at WDW on 7Dwarves when DD was wearing Princess shoes.

DD made the 40 inch height line for the first time in DL this Summer and it was a happy happy time for me. Soarin' is her new favorite ride.

7 Dwarves gets a long line pretty fast, same with Soarin'. It's hard to know how accurate the sign is when the park first opens, since they put out the signs right away knowing the line will build quickly. A lot of people race to Soarin' if they FP+ Test Track and vice versa, though if your DD1 is too short for Test Track you and your DH can just single rider it. Soarin' doesn't have single rider. Your DD1 will be tall enough for 7Dwarves, since the height line is only 38". It's really really popular. If you can, I'd FP+ that and wait in line at park opening for something else.

Is 6 weeks from now Thanksgiving week? If it is, that is one of the most crowded times of the year to visit Disney.

BananaMama
10-11-2015, 10:24 AM
I just rode 7 dwarves at opening 2 days ago. The wait sign said 70 Minutes at opening. We waited 30.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

flashy09
10-11-2015, 12:32 PM
I got a few good FP times for 7 dwarves so won't worry about that. My main question is how extra magic hours affect the Soarin line now - if we get there at 8 am will the line already be as bad as when the park opens at 9? I have Anna and Elsa FP that day in the afternoon that i can't give up so can't get FP for Epcot in the morning.

Our trip is more like 8 weeks ago than 6 so hoping to get another 1/4 inch or so growth! I didn't know the 40 inches growth chart at the lines had some sneaker height built in! She really is right at 39 inches barefoot so it's going to be close! Do just turned 4 yr olds even like Splash Mountain/Big Thunder?

rkold
10-11-2015, 03:27 PM
I got a few good FP times for 7 dwarves so won't worry about that. My main question is how extra magic hours affect the Soarin line now - if we get there at 8 am will the line already be as bad as when the park opens at 9? I have Anna and Elsa FP that day in the afternoon that i can't give up so can't get FP for Epcot in the morning.

Our trip is more like 8 weeks ago than 6 so hoping to get another 1/4 inch or so growth! I didn't know the 40 inches growth chart at the lines had some sneaker height built in! She really is right at 39 inches barefoot so it's going to be close! Do just turned 4 yr olds even like Splash Mountain/Big Thunder?

Honestly, what they like depends on the kid. When I was 4 if I could have gone on Splash and Big Thunder I would have loved it! DD just went on Splash for her first time this Summer since she finally made the height line. She liked it, but not as much as Soarin'.

I found they included sneakers in the height since I doubt the pediatrician miss measured my DD.

I think the problem with Soarin' Early Entry is, there are only so many attractions open, that everyone who goes for Early Entry, is competing for those few attractions. In the case of Soarin' it's pretty popular so the lines can get long fast. You're almost better off going at Entry on a regular admission day since there are more attractions open to take the crowd.

Maybe switch one of your other park days to an Epcot day? Since presumably you have several MK days. I'd also be careful how much you planned. Doing a park at 8 am and then another park in the afternoon can lead to meltdowns. My DD refuses to nap, but she needs a break or she gets super cranky.

My DD actually doesn't like 7Dwarves. I'm planning on leaving her with my Mom post-lunch and going back to the park on my own to ride it via FP+ with my band and her band. I'm going to do the same for Twilight Zone Tower of Terror.