PDA

View Full Version : Meal Train Q

Mommy_Mea
10-13-2015, 09:20 AM
This is my first time doing a meal train. I am making a tray of mac n cheese, and they prefer a 4pm drop off. So my question is, do you normally drop the food off hot? Or do you bake, keep in the fridge and then have it ready for them to reheat?

I am assuming with a 4pm drop off, they won't expect it to be hot?

Just want to make life easiest on this new mom :)

AnnieW625
10-13-2015, 09:49 AM
I have done both, but if it was a weekday for me and I wanted a 4 pm drop off the meal would most likely not be heated or it would have been take out due to my schedule (get off work at 4). Due to my work schedule though I always said I would bring a hot home cooked entree on a weekend like a lasagne or something that could be heated up on a weekday. Weekdays at 4 pm are really tough for me though.

Mommy_Mea
10-13-2015, 09:54 AM
I should clarify that they requested the 4pm drop off, so I am assuming they wouldn't expect it to be hot...

JElaineB
10-13-2015, 09:56 AM
I should clarify that they requested the 4pm drop off, so I am assuming they wouldn't expect it to be hot...

Or maybe they just want to eat early.

Momit
10-13-2015, 01:04 PM
I would probably drop it off cold. She can always scoop some out in a bowl and microwave it if she wants some right away.

My parents were recently the recipients of a meal train, and they got so much food a lot of it went straight to the freezer.