PDA

View Full Version : Which Bogs for me?

WatchingThemGrow
10-13-2015, 10:33 AM
Seems like a never-ending quest to find warm, easy-to-walk-in, cute low boots that won't break the bank. I have always loved Merrells, and I got a pair of the Dewbrook style in black. They aren't amazing, like I want them to be. I have 20 year old sorels I gave up replacing. Nothing fit well enough (9.5) to give up my old ones so I'm looking more for an everyday winter boot for slush/cold weather.

I'm eyeing some Bogs- the Juno mid in light gray (to coordinate with Patagonia better sweater coat) or the navy plimsoll embellished floral. Reviews say the first one may split up the back, and the tall ones are okay under boot cut jeans or with skinnies tucked in. Think that's true?

What stores have the best selection to try them on instore? Or who may have a coupon code and free returns? Shoebuy now charges for returns. :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

abh5e8
10-13-2015, 01:22 PM
I go with zappos or Nordstrom for fs/fr, then shop for a better price after I know what I like and what fits.

abh5e8
10-13-2015, 01:23 PM
I can't imagine the bogs would fit under jeans, but skinnies should be fine to tuck in. But I also can't imagine wanting jeans to hang out over snow boots, as they would then get all wet and cold?

wendibird22
10-13-2015, 01:42 PM
I have a pair of classic winter mid. I can put a boot cut jean over them if I'm wearing them more like a rain boot or when I'm wearing work pants (I hate the look of dress pants tucked into boots...I'll only do it if I have to trek through really tall snow). They are super warm and have held up well...mine are at least 3 or 4yr old now.

nfowife
10-16-2015, 09:58 PM
I have classic tall bogs in black. Mine are not particularly stylish but I love them. Inhale large calves so mine are snug in the calf area. I can wear mine under jeans though I rarely do that. Because of the neoprene upper I can wear them with skinny jeans or even boot it jeans that I fold over and shove inside. I can and do wear them under snow pants because my snow pants have a tuck-in liner so that goes inside and the outer goes over the boot if that makes sense. I find them flexible, warm especially with wool socks, and comfy. They have a very roomy foot which I need. There is roo. For toe warmers which I've used and also I've used them with ice grips attached to the bottom and they go on fine.