PDA

View Full Version : Epcot princesses and even more Disney questions!

flashy09
10-13-2015, 04:30 PM
Our first day is my DD1's 4 yr old birthday. We are staying at the Grand Floridian and hoping to make the extra magic hours in the morning at MK since it's so close I hate to miss it. I have a Soarin FP for 9-10 at Epcot. Is that going to be impossible spending 8-9/915 at MK and making it to Epcot by 10 on the monorail?

Also, how fun are the Epcot princesses? Is the wait very long? Do we need to be right there for the first meeting or is that the busiest?

WatchingThemGrow
10-13-2015, 06:07 PM
If you want to do 2 parks, could you change the FP to the afternoon or do you lose the option if you try to change the time? Seems crazy to spend an hour, then do all that travel to another park, another ride...

Dayzy
10-13-2015, 07:48 PM
I don't think you'd make it. If you have to wait for a monorail more than a few minutes, then you'd have to go the bag check and such at Epcot...
I don't like leaving things so tight though. On our first trip we were staying off property and got to MK 45 minutes before opening. Then our monorail broke down with us on it. We missed the whole opening show.

klwa
10-14-2015, 10:35 AM
If you want to do 2 parks, could you change the FP to the afternoon or do you lose the option if you try to change the time? Seems crazy to spend an hour, then do all that travel to another park, another ride...

:yeahthat: I also agree with PP that you may not make it with that kind of time line.

As for the Epcot Princesses, we've always had pretty decent interactions with them. Of course, they're very spread out, so you'd only be able to make the first set for one of them. In my experience, Mulan usually has the shortest line of all. Jasmine/Aladdin & Belle are generally longer. Snow White & Aurora are kind of in between. So, I'd try to make the first set for Belle and Jasmine. (Looks like Belle starts meeting at 11 & Jasmine at 11:45.)

BananaMama
10-14-2015, 10:41 AM
Highly unlikely to make it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

flashy09
10-14-2015, 12:18 PM
Ok thanks! I changed the Fastpasses to the afternoon and will spend 1.5 -2 hrs at MK with the early magic hours and then go to Epcot for Princesses at 11. Hopefully that is more doable and it's not the end of the world if we don't make the first show.

My FP are for Soarin (hoping she makes the height, it's going to be so close even with shoes), Turtle Talk and Spaceship Earth. Should I change SE for the Nemo show? I will have a just turned 4 yr old and a 22 month old.

klwa
10-15-2015, 09:12 AM
(Just a note: Nemo is a ride, rather than a show at Epcot. There IS a Nemo show at Animal Kingdom, though.) Based on the Easywdw cheat sheets, SE is a higher priority for FP than Nemo, so I'd keep with what you have. My kids have always enjoyed going up in the giant "golf ball". And we've never had TOO much of a wait for Nemo either.

http://www.easywdw.com/cheatsheets/ep_cheatsheet_v3.pdf

Dayzy
10-15-2015, 09:36 PM
Nemo? Do you mean Turtle Talk with Crush. Your 4 year old will love it. Also, do you have another day where you could do Epcot for a little while in the morning? We did a pre-opening breakfast at Akershus in Norway and got to meet about 6 princesses. The interaction with each was fabulous. Ariel sat on the floor with DD and discussed playing with Flounder.

flashy09
10-16-2015, 07:00 AM
Nemo? Do you mean Turtle Talk with Crush. Your 4 year old will love it. Also, do you have another day where you could do Epcot for a little while in the morning? We did a pre-opening breakfast at Akershus in Norway and got to meet about 6 princesses. The interaction with each was fabulous. Ariel sat on the floor with DD and discussed playing with Flounder.

It's called the Seas with Nemo I think. I did get a reservation at Akershus in the morning, but I am not sure whether to keep it or go to MK for the extra magic hour in the morning! I can get the same Akershus reservation the next morning, but then I have no FP to use at Epcot because I have an Anna and Elsa meet at 2-3!

Philly Mom
10-16-2015, 08:39 AM
It's called the Seas with Nemo I think. I did get a reservation at Akershus in the morning, but I am not sure whether to keep it or go to MK for the extra magic hour in the morning! I can get the same Akershus reservation the next morning, but then I have no FP to use at Epcot because I have an Anna and Elsa meet at 2-3!

You know your kids best. My kids, who are fairly easy going, could lose it with that transition. They wouldn't want to leave MK and getting them to leave would be stressful. I have never been to Disney but that doesn't sound fun to me.

flashy09
10-16-2015, 10:58 AM
You know your kids best. My kids, who are fairly easy going, could lose it with that transition. They wouldn't want to leave MK and getting them to leave would be stressful. I have never been to Disney but that doesn't sound fun to me.

That could totally happen and then I would just stay at MK. I guess part of me feels weird going to Epcot as the first thing we do (and it's the actual birthday) since I have never been there and it doesn't seem as "magical" or Disney like. I keep getting excited about the Soarin FP, but my DD might not give a hoot about flying over California or even be tall enough.

SnuggleBuggles
10-16-2015, 11:38 AM
It'll be special at Epcot! It's pretty darned cool! Also, maybe it's even better to build up to the MK. Even though I don't think the other parks are disappointing, sometimes "saving the best for last" is a good way to do it.

123LuckyMom
10-16-2015, 04:31 PM
My kids LOVE EPCOT!!!!!! I agree that it's nice to start the vacation with MK, though. We always do even if the crowd levels are higher. DS was 4.5 the last time we went. DD was 11 months. We all enjoyed the Nemo ride. If I remember correctly, it's like riding through an aquarium with the Nemo characters interspersed among the real sea life. Then you go out to a big room with real tanks, and the turtle talk show is off that space.

There really aren't a lot of duds at Disney in any park. There are only a few things we love at DHS, but we love those things a lot! As for the height requirement, DS measured 40" at the doctor's before we went, but on their height sticks his head just brushed the bottom of their sticks. They said that's all you need. As long as his head was actually brushing the stick, he was good to go. He rode all the 40" rides and enjoyed them all., including Tower of Terror, which I didn't like at all and will never ride again (and I like roller coasters).

The only ride DS really wanted to leave was the Haunted House. The pre-show really frightened him. We snuggled him and reassured him that he had been through the scariest part, and he did love the ride section and said he'd want to do it again. Be warned, though. My guy is frightened of nothing, and he did find the start of the haunted house truly scary.

Hemlock
10-17-2015, 08:47 PM
Skip the extra magic hours at Magic Kingdom. With over 30,000 on-site hotel rooms, that's the opportunity to have over 100,000 people focused mostly on the same extra magic hour park.

klwa
10-19-2015, 01:06 PM
Skip the extra magic hours at Magic Kingdom. With over 30,000 on-site hotel rooms, that's the opportunity to have over 100,000 people focused mostly on the same extra magic hour park.
:yeahthat:

In our 3 trips with the kids, never once have we started at MK. They've loved it all.