PDA

View Full Version : Any petite ladies use Rent The Runway?

wendibird22
10-14-2015, 11:41 AM
I have a conference to attend for the professional organization I belong to in early December. Each year there is a closing banquet that is semi-formal/cocktail. Attire ranges from LBD to a bit fancy/sassy. Men wear sport coats and ties. The attends range in age from ~24yo to 60s, with it skewed heavily to the 20-30-something crowd. I typically do a LBD with some fun accessories and call it a day. This year, however, I'm an award honoree. I have a reserved table for me and my closets colleagues and I'll be up on stage to receive the award (no speech thankfully!). There's a reception for awardees after the dinner. So I want something a little more special than the LBD, but I don't want anything over the top and I don't want to spend $$ on something I won't likely wear again. So I was thinking of doing Rent the Runway. However I'm petite...5'2", 123lbs, small frame, especially in the shoulder area. I can select "petite" in the options but none of the dresses are actually petite size/cut. Wondering if any petite ladies here have had success with RTR dresses? I have a small waist and pear shaped hips so I'm looking at selection of fit and flare and a-line styles. I'm most concerned about shoulders/straps that sit too wide or arm holes that are too big or gaping.

barkley1
10-14-2015, 09:07 PM
I'm 5'3" and 105 and I've had plenty of great rentals from RTR. Are you looking for long or short? If you read the stylist notes on each page, it will usually tell you what heights the dress will fit when choosing regular vs. petite. And , if you do a chat, they will help you too. I've sent several back for not fitting, but they were ones I was just taking a chance on b/c I had a back up dress already. AND, you can get a back up size for free, and select a different (backup) style for only $30 or so. If none of it fits, you can always fall back on your LBD and they give you a credit that doesn't expire. I think it's a win-win.

wendibird22
10-15-2015, 08:36 AM
Thanks barkley for the feedback. I'm looking for short dresses so I won't have to worry about the length being an issue. I'll take your advice and use the chat feature.

essnce629
10-15-2015, 02:44 PM
You can also add your size info (height, weight, body type) and then the reviews of people your size will show first. I always only read the reviews of people my size and body type.

wendibird22
10-15-2015, 03:06 PM
You can also add your size info (height, weight, body type) and then the reviews of people your size will show first. I always only read the reviews of people my size and body type.

Oh cool! I did not know that. Will do this too!

citymama
10-15-2015, 06:06 PM
Wendibird, congrats on your award! How exciting. I'd love to hear about what you end up with, since it sounds like we are similar body types/sizes. I'm 5' 5" about 120 lbs and pear shaped with very slender upper body but prefer fit and flare skirts. Good luck finding something fabulous!