PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Boxed Cookie and Brownie Mixes

Kindra178
10-15-2015, 02:58 PM
I need to do some unexpected baking tonight. Although I love to cook, I am literally the worst baker in the world. What are your fav boxed mixes? Need to make brownies and chocolate chip cookies.

echoesofspring
10-15-2015, 03:01 PM
Ghirardelli for brownies. Best price is a Costco around here, but they are available in the regular grocery stores.

Charlie
10-15-2015, 03:02 PM
My favorite brownie mix is Ghirardelli. If you need to make a lot, they also sell it at Costco. I love to bake from scratch but don't even try brownies anymore because the mix is just that good. I don't have a rec on boxed cookies but if you need really quick, the refrigerated chocolate chip cookies that are already pre-formed aren't bad.

mikala
10-15-2015, 03:03 PM
I've used the Ghirardelli brownie and cookie mixes from Costco too and both work well.

candaceb
10-15-2015, 03:07 PM
No question - Ghiradelli.

SnuggleBuggles
10-15-2015, 03:10 PM
The Ghirardelli or Trader Joe's for brownies. I'd probable buy the refrigerated cookie dough at TJs too.

boolady
10-15-2015, 03:10 PM
Ok, I'll be different. We always use this Betty Crocker mix for brownies. It has to be the one with the Hershey's Syrup packet. I am a terrible baker, but I do usually use the recipe on the back of the Nestle Toll House chocolate chip bag. Since it sounds like you won't have time for that, I would just buy the refrigerated Toll House cc cookies that you break apart and bake.

http://www.wegmans.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?productId=699109&storeId=10052&langId=-1

trcy
10-15-2015, 03:30 PM
I was also going to say Ghiradelli brownie mix. The caramel one is really yummy!

Mommy_Mea
10-15-2015, 03:36 PM
Hands down Ghiradelli, and the one from Costco is far yummier than any other! DH and I buy dozens of boxes when it is on sale!

Twoboos
10-15-2015, 04:00 PM
I actually like the Trader Joe's one better than Ghiradelli! :duck: And the TJ's blondie mix is ridiculously good!

jgenie
10-15-2015, 04:06 PM
Ok, I'll be different. We always use this Betty Crocker mix for brownies. It has to be the one with the Hershey's Syrup packet. I am a terrible baker, but I do usually use the recipe on the back of the Nestle Toll House chocolate chip bag. Since it sounds like you won't have time for that, I would just buy the refrigerated Toll House cc cookies that you break apart and bake.

http://www.wegmans.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?productId=699109&storeId=10052&langId=-1

:yeahthat:

AnnieW625
10-15-2015, 04:16 PM
I used to swear by Ghiradellis, but in the last few years have really preferred Betty Crocker, Trader Joes, or Duncan Hines, especially if I am making a double batch. The only brand that has ever been a complete disaster was Pillsbury. The Trader Joe's gluten free brownies are awesome too!

I make cookies from scratch most of the time and chocolate chip are the easiest. I can make and bake a whole batch in an hour. I still only use Ghiradelli or Nestle semi sweet chips, it took me using the large bag of Kirkland semi sweet chips to realize that they were effecting my chocolate chip cookies; I found out because I tasted my mom's chocolate chip cookies and the only difference was the chips (we even have the same oven) I did buy a refrigerated sugar cookie dough at Costco years and years ago that was awesome, but I don't recall the brand, but I have never seen it since. The Betty Crocker bag mixes are good too.

mmsmom
10-15-2015, 04:22 PM
TJ's vanilla cake mix is so good!

ETA: sorry just saw you need brownie & cookie. But if you do ever need a cake mix the TJ's one is the best!

lil_acorn
10-15-2015, 04:27 PM
another vote for ghirardelli brownies

MMMommy
10-15-2015, 04:35 PM
TJS Choc Truffle Brownie Mix!

pinkmomagain
10-15-2015, 06:38 PM
Duncan Hines for us.

hillview
10-15-2015, 07:45 PM
I've used the Ghirardelli brownie and cookie mixes from Costco too and both work well.

No question - Ghiradelli.

I was also going to say Ghiradelli brownie mix. The caramel one is really yummy!

Hands down Ghiradelli, and the one from Costco is far yummier than any other! DH and I buy dozens of boxes when it is on sale!
:yeahthat:

Kindra178
10-15-2015, 10:57 PM
Next problem - equipment nut warnings? Don't care about facility warnings. Thank you all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jgenie
10-16-2015, 04:50 AM
Next problem - equipment nut warnings? Don't care about facility warnings. Thank you all!

Betty Crocker didn't have any warnings last time I bought it.

mikala
10-16-2015, 09:16 AM

I haven't tried them yet but would suggest looking at the Immaculate Baking Co boxed mixes at Target. We've used their refrigerated products and they seemed to list out allergens clearly.

Twoboos
10-16-2015, 11:05 AM

TJ's blondie mix says nothing about anything, just "Contains Wheat and Soy."

TJ's brownie mix has this disclaimer: "Our vendors follow good manufacturing practices to segregate ingredients to avoid cross contact with allergens. Made on shared equipment with milk, eggs and tree nuts."

Kindra178
10-16-2015, 11:53 AM
TJ's blondie mix says nothing about anything, just "Contains Wheat and Soy."

TJ's brownie mix has this disclaimer: "Our vendors follow good manufacturing practices to segregate ingredients to avoid cross contact with allergens. Made on shared equipment with milk, eggs and tree nuts."

Thanks! I didn't think I could use the TJ's brownie mix and that confirms it!