PDA

View Full Version : Rainboots: Hunter? Mucks?

twowhat?
10-26-2015, 08:49 PM
Both brands are available at Costco.com for $70ish. The Hunters come in both tall and short; the Mucks in short.

I'm looking at the short boots. Does anyone have experience with Mucks? Reviews look good but I've only really heard about Hunter when it comes to rain boots. The Mucks look like they'd work for snow as well. Being in TX, we deal with more rain than snow but we do get frozen precipitation every year, sometimes multiple times, and every year I wish I had a pair of boots to play or walk in it with the kids. I've always imagined that I'd just get a pair of rainboots and wear them with thick socks.

http://www.costco.com/Muck%C2%AE-Ladies-Arctic-Weekend-Boot-Maroon.product.100227581.html
http://www.costco.com/Hunter-Ladies%E2%80%99-Original-Short-Gloss-Rain-Boot-Graphite.product.100168921.html

Thoughts? What would be more versatile? Fashionable (if that's such a thing with rainboots)?

eta: well, the Hunters have very limited sizes available...so if you're a 5 or 11/12, go!! LOL!

urbanmommy
10-26-2015, 09:47 PM
I'm not familiar with Mucks but I have a pair of Hunter boots and I'd say they're more fashionable based on the link. I live in the DC area where we have some fairly cold weather and snow and I wouldn't recommend Hunter boots for that kind of weather even with a warm liner. You really feel the cold through them, IMO. In TX where you're probably mostly dealing with weather in the 40s you'd probably be fine with the Hunter boots and a liner. And if you buy them through Costco and it doesn't work out they're so good with returns.

SnuggleBuggles
10-26-2015, 09:56 PM
The Mucks look a bit kid like. I personally don't think Hunters are necessary. I think you should buy ones that you think are cute and you like to wear. Mine are from target but they are polka dot and adorable. I get compliments every time I wear them (and I've owned them 6 years). Just see what catches your eye. If you like the Hunters though, go for it. They are cute.
What about duck style boots?

mikala
10-26-2015, 11:13 PM
I don't have any experience with either but our Nordstrom Rack had a table of Hunters and a bunch of Hunter boot socks last week. I have no idea how their inventory varies by area but maybe worth a look if Costco doesn't pan out!

Twin Mom
10-26-2015, 11:43 PM
I also think the Hunters are more fashionable but I'm biased since I have a pair that I wear all the time. If Costco doesn't have your size and you have small feet, you can fit in kids Hunters. I wear a 6 ladies and have a size 5 in kids. They are much cheaper especially when you get them on sale! I wear mine when it's really cold but I don't spend much time outside in that kind of weather so they are warm enough for me. I find that my feet sweat when I wear them with boot liners.