PDA

View Full Version : 13th birthday gifts (daughter)

bcafe
10-31-2015, 12:33 PM
So, I have had one 13 yr old DD but she is 26 now and times have changed. What are some great ideas for a girl? She is into typical female things, is an excellent student, and plays sports. Right now I bought her a Kendra Scott petite necklace and am thinking of some natural mineral makeup. She doesn't really wear makeup but likes to use a dusting of my mineral foundation to cover a tiny blemished area. Thanks!

pinkmomagain
10-31-2015, 12:57 PM
I think the necklace is great! Things that come to mind:
mani/pedi gift certificate
purse
GCs to stores at mall, iTunes
experience: concert, show
boots/uggs

Meatball Mommie
10-31-2015, 05:13 PM
I agree with pink's suggestions. Alex and Ani bracelets are very popular here as are those bracelets with 2 water beads (not sure their name but they supposedly have glacier water and water from the Dead Sea in them). Maybe Sephora gift card?

RedSuedeShoes
10-31-2015, 06:49 PM
Something for her room - bean bag chair, poster
GCs are always good, although my son (15) just hoards them and doesn't actually use them
Purse/wallet
Tickets to something or homemade coupon for date night for the 2 of you - restaurant/tea, shopping, museum, whatever you like to do together
Nice water bottle or bag to carry sports stuff in
Art stuff if she's into that - maybe one of those cool coloring books so popular for adults right now
Books in general are always a great option

sbirmantaz
11-01-2015, 08:50 AM
My dd just had her 13th bday party. Our gift was a sterling ring from Tiffany's - but she ended up returning it for a 5 pack of rings from Icing! Guess she isn't ready for quality over quantity yet! From friends she got a bunch of Amazon and bookstore gift cards, Alex Ani bracelet, Lokai bracelet, fancy yarn, knitting needles and scarf/hat pattern, loom craft kits to make own jewelry, ivivva/lulu lemon clothes..

pinkmomagain
11-01-2015, 09:03 AM
Oh I just thought of something else. This is the age that many girls start asking for a DSLR camera and get into photography. So that's another option if she seems interested.

momof2girls
11-01-2015, 12:46 PM
My almost 13 yr old loves her Polaroid camera (instax?). She also has a GoPro that is fun.
Or maybe a hair curling device or straightener?

Twoboos
11-01-2015, 05:05 PM
I agree with pink's suggestions. Alex and Ani bracelets are very popular here as are those bracelets with 2 water beads (not sure their name but they supposedly have glacier water and water from the Dead Sea in them). Maybe Sephora gift card?

Those bracelets are called Lokai and are available at The Paper Store! DD1 asked for her upcoming 12th bday. :)

Mommaof3
11-01-2015, 08:37 PM
Ugg Slippers
Yogibo Pillow
Pandora Bracelet
Chi Iron

bcafe
11-02-2015, 09:59 AM
Thank you for these suggestions! I forgot that she did ask for one of those water bracelets. This summer she was very interested in my camera and trying out different settings for scenes.