PDA

View Full Version : Please help to revamp my wardrobe....

emmaesplin
11-01-2015, 12:03 AM
I am looking for sweater recs in particular. My go-to items are a Bobeau asymetrical cardigan and the Anthro cape/poncho that was such a hit awhile back. I am looking for 2 or 3 other go to items. I hear a lot about Vince, but the price point scares me. Does that brand hold up? If it does, I might bite the bullet. I am also open to other ideas:)

etwahl
11-02-2015, 10:43 AM
I am looking for sweater recs in particular. My go-to items are a Bobeau asymetrical cardigan and the Anthro cape/poncho that was such a hit awhile back. I am looking for 2 or 3 other go to items. I hear a lot about Vince, but the price point scares me. Does that brand hold up? If it does, I might bite the bullet. I am also open to other ideas:)

Over the last couple years, I've become a Vince sweater addict. I love them. I think that they can hold up quite well, but of course, they do pill (I think all sweaters pill, so this probably isn't a big disclaimer). One thing I like is that all my Vince sweaters from last year are still fabulous, and the styles are still good. On the other hand, I bought a "Nordstrom brand" cashmere sweater a couple years and while it's fine, the style isn't as nice, in my opinion.

Have you looked into Off Saks 5th Avenue, Nordstrom Rack, or the Neiman Marcus "outlet"? I actually just bought a Vince sweater at Off Saks a couple weeks ago for $130 (regular over $300) and I'm pleased with it. That might be a good way to try Vince out. And always buy on sale. Either through Nordstrom (they have some right now that are 40% off) or even Vince, as they come out with sales and coupons.

Twoboos
11-02-2015, 11:21 AM
I also frequently see Vince sweaters at TJMaxx.