PDA

View Full Version : Where and when to buy legos?

vtmom
11-01-2015, 12:11 PM
My kids are really into Legos now. Where and when are the good deals? They are 5 and 7 and still really like duplos and are getting into the little lego pieces and mixing the two types together to create their own designs. I figured there would be some experts here that could guide me, thanks!

Mikey0709
11-01-2015, 12:15 PM
I rec'd an email this morning that Amazon was having up to 25% off some duplo's today only in their countdown to black fri sale. I would check there today if your able?

MomtoNico
11-01-2015, 12:18 PM
I remember Walmart -on Black Friday -having the box of legos for a great price. It went on and off line quite a bit. I did buy a box for my DS and he plays with it all the time!

Smillow
11-01-2015, 12:30 PM
I scour Walmart and Targets clearance toy aisles when I can and have found good deals on random sets. For instance, I found the big arctic set on clearance at Walmart about a month ago for $50 (be sure to scan tag, sometimes the price is lower than marked!) So far DS has been happy with them. I have been able to price match at Target for sets on sale at Walmart and Toys R Us, also.

Ms B
11-01-2015, 12:38 PM
I remember Walmart -on Black Friday -having the box of legos for a great price. It went on and off line quite a bit. I did buy a box for my DS and he plays with it all the time!
This has been a great deal the last few years -- the trick has been finding them. We have gotten lucky in one of our local stores the past few years. I already have a box put away for this year, but would be up for a couple more for birthday gifts!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

mnosky1
11-01-2015, 04:34 PM
If you want a specific set, know the MSRP of each set...For example, my girls wanted specific city or friends sets each year. Our learning express has 20% off everything Black friday weekend plus a coupon you can use like 7 of $35. Some of their legos are way over MSRP and a couple are right at MSRP - if you use a coupon on a set that is MSRP that's a good deal. Same at toys r us - sometimes they have legos on sale - most are over MSRP but a set or 2 might be MSRP and then its a good deal - then Target will have a set or 2 at a time that goes on sale - if its one you want, pick it up. Otherwise, walmart seems to have a slightly less than msrp price at times and sometimes you find 2 sets bundled online (no rhyme or reason this this I think) that makes it a good deal but sometimes it costs more this way. Hence, the reason for having a list of all the sets and msrps in your phone or wherever. Doesn't save a ton but I've gotten specific sets my girls want at less than msrp the last few years.

Simon
11-01-2015, 07:12 PM

:yeahthat: Best deal on plain bricks. I think we paid $10 or $20 for 700 bricks a few years ago.

MomtoNico
11-03-2015, 09:51 AM
This looks like a fun set. I almost want to buy it for my boys.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NHQFA1I/ref=pd_luc_rh_bxgy_01_03_t_img_lh?ie=UTF8&psc=1

candaceb
11-03-2015, 10:43 AM
DS got the medium creative brick box for his birthday this year. It does give some flexibility with the special pieces. It is $29 on Amazon.

Blakes Mommy
11-14-2015, 10:58 AM
Here is the new Walmart black Friday offer. Looks great especially if you want basic bricks! We got one similar last year that had 1600 pieces for $30. A couple years before that we got one that had 650 pieces for $15. This is the first time I think they have also had pastel/girl colors mixed in. Even though we probably have enough between previous deals and a ton of "themed" sets I may still get one if I can find it. I have boys, but, it's nice to have the extra colors! The Duplo set is also a good deal.

http://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-classic-large-creative-box-10697-walmart-black-friday-deal/

Ms B
11-14-2015, 10:48 PM
I definitely am in for at least one of these this year, assuming we can find it. Last year it sold out on line and I only got one because I found one in my local store that someone had 'hidden' elsewhere in the toy section.

klwa
11-15-2015, 08:11 AM
Just wanted to add, Target has several City, Chima, and a few other random sets on Cartwheel right now for those looking for specific sets. 15-20%.

KatherineFG
11-15-2015, 09:21 PM
Will this be available online or in-stores only?
Thanks

Ms B
11-15-2015, 10:33 PM
On theory, both, but it kept selling out online last year.

savvymom
11-16-2015, 06:03 PM
LEGO friends Heartlake Hair Salon is 22.69, lowest price according to camelcamelcamel
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MJ8EX6S?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s01

Okay this is really weird, I posted a link to an Amazon page. The first time it changed it to the same item on Kmart's website. I thought it was a fluke and edited it, only to have it change to a Target website? What is going on?