PDA

View Full Version : Are Magnatiles and Magformers able to build together?

Corie
11-04-2015, 07:14 AM
Are Magnatiles and Magformers able to build together?

I wasn't sure how compatible they are. My sister has quite a few sets of the Magnatiles
and she doesn't know if she should just stick with the Magnatiles or if she can add Magformers
into the mix.

Does anyone know?

Thanks!!

Momit
11-04-2015, 10:17 AM
My son has both, but they pretty much need to be built separately since they don't really stick to each other. He uses Magnatiles to construct big towers, tunnels etc. and the Magformer sets came with wheels to build vehicles. They are similar but not interchangeable.

Corie
11-04-2015, 12:29 PM
My son has both, but they pretty much need to be built separately since they don't really stick to each other. He uses Magnatiles to construct big towers, tunnels etc. and the Magformer sets came with wheels to build vehicles. They are similar but not interchangeable.

Thanks for the info!! That's exactly what I needed to know!

vonfirmath
11-04-2015, 02:30 PM

I would agree. We have both

Mostly not interchangeable. My kids do play with them together. So there are limited ways they attach.

acmom
11-04-2015, 03:11 PM

:yeahthat: We have both and I would say the same thing. I would also say our Magnatiles get more love than our magnaformers. Unless the child really wants to build something that will stay together when moved (which magnaformers do better), I would go with more magna tiles. We have a set of magna tiles and magnaformers with wheels so both can be used that way.

hwin708
11-04-2015, 03:54 PM
As others said, they are not compatible. But there are other brands on Amazon that are compatible with Magnatiles. It's usually one of the first questions asked and answered in the questions section under the product description on Amazon.

vonfirmath
11-04-2015, 04:57 PM
As others said, they are not compatible. But there are other brands on Amazon that are compatible with Magnatiles. It's usually one of the first questions asked and answered in the questions section under the product description on Amazon.

We had one of those other brands too. But we had a piece break (with normal usage) VERY quickly. So I got scared off on the off-brands and do Magnatiles only now.

Charlie
11-04-2015, 05:59 PM
We had one of those other brands too. But we had a piece break (with normal usage) VERY quickly. So I got scared off on the off-brands and do Magnatiles only now.

I love our Magnatiles but we have had a lot of pieces break or crack, exposing the magnet, and not from rough play. Considering the price paid, I'm not too pleased about it.