PDA

View Full Version : Zoob building toys? What ages?

ang79
11-11-2015, 09:41 AM
Amazon has 50% off select Alex toys today and I noticed alot of Zoob building sets. What ages are these good for? I remember wanting to buy the sparkle set for my girls last year when Amazon had a sale but ended up not getting it (already had too much for Christmas presents and decided we didn't need it). Now I'm thinking of getting a set for my friend's almost 9 yr. old son. He likes Lego and is obsessed with Minecraft. I have two girls so I'm always a bit clueless about shopping for boys! I was looking at the STEM Challange set, but if you have other recs I'm open!

legaleagle
11-11-2015, 11:23 AM
My kids started with zoob Jr. Around 3-4 and moved on to the regular size around 5. DS1 is 7 and they're still going strong, along with a ton of Lego for both DS1 and DS2(5). That said the few specialty sets have just been incorporated into general pile and they do free play stuff but for an older kid the stem set looks cool and that it also has enough pieces for free form building

Reader
11-11-2015, 12:01 PM
Thanks for the tip. We played with them at a science museum this summer, and my 9 and 6 year olds enjoyed them. I picked some up at the Target 40% off STEM toys earlier this week. I would think an almost 9 year old would like them. My almost 10 year old does.

mcmanutm
11-11-2015, 07:23 PM
Do you have a link for these?

vonfirmath
11-12-2015, 11:24 AM
Amazon has 50% off select Alex toys today and I noticed alot of Zoob building sets. What ages are these good for? I remember wanting to buy the sparkle set for my girls last year when Amazon had a sale but ended up not getting it (already had too much for Christmas presents and decided we didn't need it). Now I'm thinking of getting a set for my friend's almost 9 yr. old son. He likes Lego and is obsessed with Minecraft. I have two girls so I'm always a bit clueless about shopping for boys! I was looking at the STEM Challange set, but if you have other recs I'm open!

8 or 9 is a perfect age.

My son is 8 and LOVES Zoobs. (He was just introduced this year at extended day). I bought a small set for travel. My daughter (4) can play with them -- but she struggles to get them on and off. My son is independent with them.