PDA

View Full Version : Grippiest rain boot?

twowhat?
11-13-2015, 02:24 PM
My mom does a lot of gardening - I'm thinking of getting her (Xmas gift) a nice pair of short rainboots that will double as gardening shoes in the summer, snow boots in the winter (with thick socks - we're in N. TX so even though it gets cold it doesn't stay cold). She would use it for gardening (grass/dirt/mud) and really just around the yard, with occasional walks on the sidewalks if it's raining and she needs to walk the dog.

She has a wooden porch deck that is kind of slick when wet and I worry about her slipping in her regular LE garden clogs, so I'm looking for the grippiest rain boot you know of!

liz
11-13-2015, 03:26 PM
My mom bought these a few years ago and loves to wear them during wet or wintery weather. She recently started wearing them to garden as well. http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/19068?feat=506708-GN2&page=women-s-l-l-bean-boots-rubber-moc

Vintagegirl
11-14-2015, 12:50 AM
I don't know if they are the 'grippiest' but I really like my Hunter rain boots and have never felt like I'd slip wearing them in wet weather. I could definitely walk a mile or two in them and they aren't super heavy like some rain boots. Costco.com has some good prices on them now.