PDA

View Full Version : No Rainchecks Target?

elbenn
11-14-2015, 12:45 PM
There are 3 video games that I plan on buying for Christmas gifts. Target has all 3 of them on buy 2 get 1 free sale and I have a $10 off $150 coupon. Great, right? Except that no Target close to me has all 3 games in stock (one game is hard to get) and shipping for this game is unavailable. I asked for a raincheck since this game is unavailable and they said no rainchecks for the buy 2 get 3 sales. Sigh.

While this is BP, any advice on where to get a good deal on these games is appreciated. The games are Mario Wii U games--with Yoshi Woolly World Amiibo bundle being the hard to get one.

roobee
11-14-2015, 01:15 PM
There are 3 video games that I plan on buying for Christmas gifts. Target has all 3 of them on buy 2 get 1 free sale and I have a $10 off $150 coupon. Great, right? Except that no Target close to me has all 3 games in stock (one game is hard to get) and shipping for this game is unavailable. I asked for a raincheck since this game is unavailable and they said no rainchecks for the buy 2 get 3 sales. Sigh.

While this is BP, any advice on where to get a good deal on these games is appreciated. The games are Mario Wii U games--with Yoshi Woolly World Amiibo bundle being the hard to get one.
If this seems like a good deal then I'd recommend doing 2 transactions. Deals like this are prorated so I wouldn't stress about the exact titles in each transaction.

Here's how I'd view the deal: 3 games at $50 each end up costing a total of $100 ($150 for the games less 1 $50 game "free"). Your final cost for each game after the sale is $33. Then return whatever doesn't work for you. You may not be able to take full advantage of your coupon, but at least you can take advantage of the sale.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

rolypoly27
11-14-2015, 01:48 PM
I'd just get three games now. Then exchange the third game for the one you want when it becomes available. If it's not available at a later date for any reason, you can get a refund for the prorated price.

R2sweetboys
11-14-2015, 11:30 PM
I'd just get three games now. Then exchange the third game for the one you want when it becomes available. If it's not available at a later date for any reason, you can get a refund for the prorated price.
:yeahthat: This is what I would do!

elbenn
11-14-2015, 11:36 PM
Thanks, guys! I bought 3 items and am hoping to exchange one of them for the game that's unavailable. The guy at Target wasn't sure I could exchange it but if not, I can return it.