PDA

View Full Version : Wii U What to buy??

KatherineFG
11-15-2015, 09:38 PM
I noticed some archived posts about buying wii's, but they were all 5-6 yrs old. I am brand new to the gaming system (we didn't even have an atari or nintendo growing up). I have decided on a wii over an xbox. What will I need to buy??
Thanks

KrisM
11-15-2015, 10:10 PM
We got one last Christmas. I bought the Wii U, which came with the Wii U unit, the gamepad, 1 remote, and a game. I then bought 3 more remotes and a couple of games. I should have bought a couple nunchucks as one of the games required them. I went with 4 remotes because there are 5 of us and some games let up to 4 people play.

pharmjenn
11-15-2015, 11:14 PM
Definitely make sure you have atleast 2 remotes and nunchucks. The other accesories, like the wheel, are nice, but not needed, as all the driving games can be played using just the remote. Short of getting some cheaper, older games to go along with the new system, there is not much needed.

wendibird22
11-16-2015, 07:27 AM
We've had a Wii for a number of years. Started w/ two remotes and nunchucks. Dd1 got her own remote for her birthday and Dd2 is getting one for her birthday. For Xmas they'll get nunchucks. Now that they are getting older it's fu for all 4 of us to play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

socaintexas
11-24-2015, 08:55 AM
Do the nun chucks from a regular Wii work?

SnuggleBuggles
11-24-2015, 09:10 AM
Do the nun chucks from a regular Wii work?

Yes they do as do the remotes.