PDA

View Full Version : AG Doll (Caroline+additional outfit) available at Costco (in store only)?

rkold
11-19-2015, 09:52 PM
So I went to Costco this evening to do some fast shopping and saw AG Caroline with her purple holiday dress for $100. A part of me is saying I should go back and grab one tomorrow AM.

Caroline was the only AG girl I saw, but the price seemed pretty good when all was said and done.

Melaine
11-19-2015, 10:35 PM
So I went to Costco this evening to do some fast shopping and saw AG Caroline with her purple holiday dress for $100. A part of me is saying I should go back and grab one tomorrow AM.

Caroline was the only AG girl I saw, but the price seemed pretty good when all was said and done.

DD is so mad she just paid more for Caroline without extra outfit. I did see a rumor these were going to be at costco. Great deal. I think it's just Caroline bc she is retiring and they are cleaning out stock.

ExcitedMamma
11-19-2015, 10:59 PM
Oh no I shouldn't have clicked...my DD is a curly girl and I love the historical dolls. If I were to store this away for when she is older will I ended up hating the curls? I know I've seen posts that they are hard to maintain. What do you need to do to keep up the curls?

rkold
11-19-2015, 11:07 PM
Oh no I shouldn't have clicked...my DD is a curly girl and I love the historical dolls. If I were to store this away for when she is older will I ended up hating the curls? I know I've seen posts that they are hard to maintain. What do you need to do to keep up the curls?

I'm not sure how people would do the curls, but I guess if it were me, I would look into a home hot water perm? I've done that with Barbies a few times.

I am super tempted. DD likes blond dolls and loves pink and purple dresses like this one comes with. (And the price seems pretty good!) She likes Mary Ellen too, but I think if she is going to get a second girl she will be saving her own money.

DD hasn't shown too much interest before but one of her skating friends had Grace on Wednesday and this perked her interest.

ExcitedMamma
11-20-2015, 11:43 AM
Found this website with pictures of the doll and how she is packaged. She comes wth either the extra dress in purple or blue. I don't think the blue dress can be purchased anymore?
http://www.americangirlideas.com/american-girl-caroline-at-costco/
The Costco Item Number, for Caroline Abbott, is 1011441.

Of course after I called and found at all the Costcos here are out I decided she was worth hiding away for a few years! If you are interested call and check where you can find one. Also looked up the curls maintenance and it really doesn't look too bad, just spray with water and curl around a finger or brush.

rkold
11-20-2015, 12:41 PM
Found this website with pictures of the doll and how she is packaged. She comes wth either the extra dress in purple or blue. I don't think the blue dress can be purchased anymore?
http://www.americangirlideas.com/american-girl-caroline-at-costco/
The Costco Item Number, for Caroline Abbott, is 1011441.

Of course after I called and found at all the Costcos here are out I decided she was worth hiding away for a few years! If you are interested call and check where you can find one. Also looked up the curls maintenance and it really doesn't look too bad, just spray with water and curl around a finger or brush.

We bought one today. Here in CT, we had the purple dress which is now sold out on the website. I'm debating getting the cards as well. There were some still left but not sure how much longer they will last.