PDA

View Full Version : Any AG experts - reselling?

calebsmama03
11-23-2015, 06:49 PM
I am hoping some AG experts can help me out. DD has never been super into her AG so she is looking to sell some things. I'm not sure about pricing. She has this retired Felicity's (Elizabeth's?? not sure which is the right name) table and chair set, but with 4 chairs (instead of the 2 pictured). It is in gently used condition with maybe a nick on the table edge so not 100% pristine but still really good condition. I looked on ebay and it seems like they go anywhere from $100 0n up with just 2 chairs BUT I don't really want to deal with ebay crazies plus shipping would be a PITA. I know ebay pricing is not always indicative of actual value in the real world . If I want to try to sell on a local kids BST FB group (where there are a few people looking specifically for AG stuff) what would be a fair price to ask for this set with FOUR chairs?

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41h6kSXsl8L.jpg

Pennylane
11-24-2015, 03:34 PM
I'm no expert but I would check out eBay and see what those items are selling for.

Ann

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

calebsmama03
11-24-2015, 10:37 PM
I did and they are $100+ on ebay with just 2 chairs. THat seems like a crazy asking price to me, though.

rkold
11-24-2015, 11:31 PM
Was that the price at the end of the auction or what people were asking for it (and possibly had no bids?) The way eBay is set up now, you don't get dinged if you ask too much.

My area has a very active AG FB group, I think it formed from one of the tag sales groups. I'd personally look to see if your area does as well, since it's specifically geared towards AG and will be people in your area who can do pick-ups.

calebsmama03
11-25-2015, 12:48 PM
Was that the price at the end of the auction or what people were asking for it (and possibly had no bids?) The way eBay is set up now, you don't get dinged if you ask too much.

My area has a very active AG FB group, I think it formed from one of the tag sales groups. I'd personally look to see if your area does as well, since it's specifically geared towards AG and will be people in your area who can do pick-ups.

Ending prices. There was one set that went for $60 with 2 chairs and some damage IIRC, but the rest were over $100. Insane. I wonder how I could find an AG group here?

rkold
11-25-2015, 01:10 PM
Ending prices. There was one set that went for $60 with 2 chairs and some damage IIRC, but the rest were over $100. Insane. I wonder how I could find an AG group here?

Mine was started off one of the Tag Sales posts. If you lived in my area I would definitely recommend it, it is VERY active. I've not bought or sold on it, but joined for the future. My DD is just starting to like AG. I guess I would ask on any tag sales groups if there is a separate AG group?

Do you remember how much you paid? I mean AG stuff doesn't start cheap and if it is retired it can be really popular. Caroline's Skiff is $88 on sale! Your particular set might also be popular with teen/adult ball joint doll collectors. The mini size is the same height as an AG, so the furniture is scaled perfectly for them.

Good luck selling your set and I admit in your position I wouldn't want to sell on eBay either, it looks like a pain to ship. If the sets are selling high, well that is the value. Collectibles can be such a fickle thing.

melrose7
11-28-2015, 08:54 PM
I am hoping some AG experts can help me out. DD has never been super into her AG so she is looking to sell some things. I'm not sure about pricing. She has this retired Felicity's (Elizabeth's?? not sure which is the right name) table and chair set, but with 4 chairs (instead of the 2 pictured). It is in gently used condition with maybe a nick on the table edge so not 100% pristine but still really good condition. I looked on ebay and it seems like they go anywhere from $100 0n up with just 2 chairs BUT I don't really want to deal with ebay crazies plus shipping would be a PITA. I know ebay pricing is not always indicative of actual value in the real world . If I want to try to sell on a local kids BST FB group (where there are a few people looking specifically for AG stuff) what would be a fair price to ask for this set with FOUR chairs?

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41h6kSXsl8L.jpg

If I only lived close to you. My mom got DD2 Felicity for her first communion this year and is getting Elizabeth for Christmas. Finding extras for them are so expensive because they are retired. DD2 would love what you are trying to sell. Sorry, no help on where besides eBay because that's where I'm looking for things.

calebsmama03
12-08-2015, 06:14 PM
If I only lived close to you. My mom got DD2 Felicity for her first communion this year and is getting Elizabeth for Christmas. Finding extras for them are so expensive because they are retired. DD2 would love what you are trying to sell. Sorry, no help on where besides eBay because that's where I'm looking for things.

I will message you because we may have clothes or accessories. If you have pics of what you are looking for message me ASAP.