PDA

View Full Version : any iphone deals this week? Dropped mine

Edensmum
11-24-2015, 09:50 AM
I have been using my iphone 4 for since Verizon came out with them, and last night i dropped it in the sink. It had an otterbox so barely got wet but it spent the night in a bag of rice and it hasn't come back. I don't have $600 to spend on a new 6. Any good deals, options on used or older ones?

legaleagle
11-24-2015, 11:00 AM
I would give it at least another day in the rice

ckso
11-24-2015, 12:47 PM
I dropped mine in a puddle of water with no case. I had to put it on rice for a week before it turned on enough for me to save my pictures,, etc. even then it was still working but the display was messed up.

Since you had it in an otter box, I think it's salvageable. I would power off if you haven't already, take out the SIM card, put it in rice for 2 more days and DONT try to turn it on to see if it works as tempting that may be. That can cause permanent damage if you try to turn it on when it's still wet inside

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

krobbin
11-24-2015, 01:11 PM
I have been using my iphone 4 for since Verizon came out with them, and last night i dropped it in the sink. It had an otterbox so barely got wet but it spent the night in a bag of rice and it hasn't come back. I don't have $600 to spend on a new 6. Any good deals, options on used or older ones?

I agree with others, keep in the rice, however you might be able to get a decent used one at Swappa (https://swappa.com/buy/iphones). I think the site has earned a pretty good reputation, better than the risk you take on craigslist and eBay.

keckert
11-25-2015, 09:56 AM

If you sign a new contract you can probably get a free one at this point?

oneplustwo
11-25-2015, 02:17 PM
I agree with others, keep in the rice, however you might be able to get a decent used one at Swappa (https://swappa.com/buy/iphones). I think the site has earned a pretty good reputation, better than the risk you take on craigslist and eBay. Agreeing with PPs ~ leave it in the rice for longer; I think I read up to 72 hours? Check online to see what's recommended. If it hasn't come back at that point, agree with checking out Swappa. I did a fair amount of research into safest/best ways to buy used or second-hand iPhones and Swappa looked like it was best for both pricing and safety/reputation. I got a great deal on an iPhone around Christmastime last year from them and had a great experience.

citymama
11-26-2015, 03:20 AM
Bookmarking in case anyone sees iPhone deals!

baymom
11-26-2015, 12:44 PM
Bookmarking. Need to replace my iPhone, as well.

EXPECTINGMAY
11-26-2015, 10:59 PM
My friend just got an iPhone 6 for a penny thru Staples. She has Verizon.

geminimagk
11-26-2015, 11:38 PM
I think if you buy a 6S at Target, you can get a $250 gift card.

citymama
11-27-2015, 03:22 PM
I think if you buy a 6S at Target, you can get a $250 gift card.

I can't see this deal anywhere - I've been looking on the Target website. Do you need a code?

curiousgeorge
11-27-2015, 07:15 PM
I can't see this deal anywhere - I've been looking on the Target website. Do you need a code?

My Target ad that came yesterday has the deal in it. Says it started Thursday night at 9pm and is for Sprint and Verizon customers.

$0 down + $250 gift card

Save $50 (reg $199) on the iphone 6S
Save $50 (reg $249) on the iphone 6S plus

Both are 16GB and say "for well-qualified guests with installment billing activation"

quantities limited no rain checks