PDA

View Full Version : Washer and Dryer Deal

krobbin
11-24-2015, 12:32 PM
My Samsung front loading washing machine broke two days ago and I'm desperate for a new machine. Since BF is soon, what kind of deals can I get for a good electric front loader and dryer.

I don't want another Samsung, as I am kind of done with their appliances (I have like 5). I read that LG/Kenmore are supposed to be good, but there are some pretty negative reviews on those too.

Anyone have any advice and/or deal info?

TIA!

suzi
11-24-2015, 08:31 PM
This was me a few weeks ago. Enjoy the City coupon book had a 10% off hhgregg coupon that they allowed me to stack with their sale in store and 10% rebate. Looked at LG washer but didn't want their dryer due to negative reviews (mostly that of a coworker). Decided to get Samsung for both. Hope you find a good deal!

Mommy_Mea
11-24-2015, 09:52 PM
We got a great deal on an Electrolux set recently. It was a local place that a friend recommended, and we were able to get the wash and dryer set for ~$1500 delivered after a $200 rebate.

I think it is a model that is being discontinued, so maybe you can find a good deal near you? Model # EIFLS60LT

krobbin
11-25-2015, 09:11 AM
We got a great deal on an Electrolux set recently. It was a local place that a friend recommended, and we were able to get the wash and dryer set for ~$1500 delivered after a $200 rebate.

I think it is a model that is being discontinued, so maybe you can find a good deal near you? Model # EIFLS60LT

That seems like a pretty good deal. I'll have to check into it, thanks!

Mommy_Mea
11-25-2015, 09:14 AM
That seems like a pretty good deal. I'll have to check into it, thanks!
We have been pretty happy with the set so far. We did not buy the pedestals because we are cheap, LOL. If you are in eastern MA by any chance, I can PM you the info...

keckert
11-25-2015, 09:55 AM
My Samsung front loading washing machine broke two days ago and I'm desperate for a new machine. Since BF is soon, what kind of deals can I get for a good electric front loader and dryer.

I don't want another Samsung, as I am kind of done with their appliances (I have like 5). I read that LG/Kenmore are supposed to be good, but there are some pretty negative reviews on those too.

Anyone have any advice and/or deal info?

TIA!

I'm surprised you are getting another front loading washer. I think I'm done with them when mine kicks the bucket.

krobbin
11-25-2015, 11:21 AM
I'm surprised you are getting another front loading washer. I think I'm done with them when mine kicks the bucket.

I thought about a top loader, but I had terrible luck with my old one ripping up my clothes. The agitator would get nicks in it from buttons/zippers and then my clothes would snag on it. Front loaders require much more maintenance (e.g. draining out water, leaving the door open to avoid moldy smell), but I found mine to be gentler and cleaned better. To be fair I am comparing a 2008 front loader to a 1998 top loader!

Why don't you like your front loader? I'm totally open to all suggestions here.

nightbird1103
11-25-2015, 01:20 PM
I've never had a front loader, but both my sister and SIL have nothing but complaints about theirs. I have an 8 year old GE set. The washer does not have the agitator in the middle, so no need to worry about snags mentioned in pp. They communicate via usb with each other and the washer tells the dryer how long to dry the clothes.

Good luck!

keckert
11-25-2015, 02:30 PM
I thought about a top loader, but I had terrible luck with my old one ripping up my clothes. The agitator would get nicks in it from buttons/zippers and then my clothes would snag on it. Front loaders require much more maintenance (e.g. draining out water, leaving the door open to avoid moldy smell), but I found mine to be gentler and cleaned better. To be fair I am comparing a 2008 front loader to a 1998 top loader!

Why don't you like your front loader? I'm totally open to all suggestions here.

definitely look at the new top loaders! Very efficient with no or small agitators.

saleenl
11-25-2015, 02:47 PM
:yeahthat: My top loader doesn't have an agitator and I like it SO much more than the front loader it replaced!