PDA

View Full Version : Cooperative games

kristenk
11-29-2015, 04:30 PM
I'm looking for a cooperative game that would be good for a 5yo and an 11yo to play together (along with parents). I've heard about Forbidden Island, but the recommended age for that is 8+. Orchard seems too young.

Anyone have a game to recommend that would be good for those ages?

MommyAllison
11-29-2015, 06:00 PM
We have Race to the Treasure, which all three of my kids can play and enjoy, though I think my 4yo and 7.5yo like it best. http://smile.amazon.com/Peaceable-Kingdom-Treasure-Winning-Cooperative/dp/B006S9MUPU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1448834290&sr=8-1&keywords=race+to+the+treasure

The company, Peaceable Kingdom, makes lots of cooperative games so I'd check them out. One awesome thing is that if you lose any pieces, they will send you replacements for free!

kristenk
12-02-2015, 02:36 PM
I'll check out Race to the Treasure, thanks!

Any other suggestions?

Bootsie
12-02-2015, 05:18 PM
As long as the play is cooperative, your 5 year old should be able to handle Forbidden Island. My 5 year old twins play it with my husband and I and really enjoy it.

You might also look at: Flashpoint: Fire Rescue. There is a family friendly rule set you can play until your 5 year old gets the hang of it. Also, consider Castle Panic.

Family Pastimes makes a number of inexpensive, fun cooperative games, but I think most of them might be too young for your older child to enjoy.

kristac
12-03-2015, 07:30 PM
My kids like Busytown