PDA

View Full Version : What is your 9 yr old girl playing with?

Tammy
11-30-2015, 12:00 PM
DD really isn't into toys anymore. I have a few things in mind for Christmas, but just looking for other ideas. She's really into outside play (soccer, scooter, etc.) so want to get a soccer goal for the yard (preferably with a rebounder). She LOVES American Ninja Warrior and would love something to play on outside like the course activities.

anonomom
12-01-2015, 10:11 AM
How about a slack line? They're really cool and likely to be used for a good while.

My DD turned 10 today, and the only toy she really plays with anymore is Legos.

georgiegirl
12-01-2015, 10:53 AM
Arts and crafts, games, books. She will play with Magnatiles and Legos with her brother (6) and other kids. She likes to finger knit scarves for her beanie boos, make things out of duct tape, and make bracelets and necklaces. When the weather is nice, she will ride her bike, scooter, plasma car, play with sidewalk chalk, etc. She also engages in a lot of imaginary play (Harry potter and school)

citymama
12-02-2015, 03:05 AM
WHat about board games like Ticket to Ride? My DD is all about books, art supplies and outdoor play - and electronics, of course.

mnosky1
12-02-2015, 09:26 PM
My almost 8 year old has played with the zip line we got last Christmas almost everyday since we put it up in the Spring. We also got a big round swing she and her 12 year old sister love - from Hearthsong- they have lots of unique active toys in there- she has half the catalog circled.

abh5e8
12-02-2015, 11:28 PM
dd1 will be 9 in jan...she will be thrilled to get a camera for christmas (her 1 and only wish). she loves any arts and crafts, sewing, writing, books, bikes, playing outside, games and electronics. we have a large circle swing from Hearthsong too, she loves it.

egoldber
12-03-2015, 07:46 PM
Legos
painting
sewing/needlepoint
Nerf Rebelle bow&arrow and "guns" :o
Nintendo DS
jigsaw puzzles