PDA

View Full Version : Beware of sneaky Amazon charges...

Reader
11-30-2015, 11:39 PM
I found some apparel that qualified for the 30% off. I am a Prime member and have been for years. It took 30% but then added a $9.98 shipping & handling fee for each item. How can they charge $9.98 shipping and handling if the item is labeled a Prime item? I didn't order but just thought I'd mention it so you are aware.

peggy_morrison
11-30-2015, 11:44 PM
I found some apparel that qualified for the 30% off. I am a Prime member and have been for years. It took 30% but then added a $9.98 shipping & handling fee for each item. How can they charge $9.98 shipping and handling if the item is labeled a Prime item? I didn't order but just thought I'd mention it so you are aware.

Something must be up with Amazon's website, I keep getting error messages trying to check out and I got the shipping charge too even though I have Prime. No apparel in my cart at all and the CYBERMON code wouldn't even take. So frustrating.

meggie t
11-30-2015, 11:52 PM
Something must be up with Amazon's website, I keep getting error messages trying to check out and I got the shipping charge too even though I have Prime. No apparel in my cart at all and the CYBERMON code wouldn't even take. So frustrating.

:yeahthat: Annoyed!!

Reader
11-30-2015, 11:57 PM
Oh, maybe it's not just me, then. I'll try again later tonight. I don't want to have to pay back my 30% off in shipping charges! Thanks.

ourbabygirl
12-01-2015, 12:07 AM
Yep, totally happening with me, too! It's not taking the 30% off the boys' pjs I have in my cart that were supposed to be part of the deal, and it keeps charging me shipping. I've only been able to get it to work once or twice to remove the shipping charge, when I switch to 2-day shipping, but when I go back into my cart to edit stuff, it's like it doesn't recognize me anymore and then charges me shipping again. I need this to work itself out, cuz I need to go to bed!

baymom
12-01-2015, 12:23 AM
It was a bug in the system they had earlier today but is resolved now. I called about it about an hour ago.

Reader
12-01-2015, 02:00 AM
I was able to complete my order. I should just ask to have this thread deleted since it's not relevant anymore.

chlobo
12-01-2015, 11:25 AM
What's the 30% off code? Has it expired?

daisyd
12-01-2015, 02:39 PM
I had the same problem- CYBERMON didn't work. So I didnt place my order. Wish Id known the bug was fixed later...

turtledove
12-01-2015, 03:19 PM
I would contact them. They knew it was an issue. I emailed them about it last night and got this in response:

"Thanks for contacting Amazon.com

I understand that you're concerned about the shipping charges while placing the order despite of being our Prime customer.

I would like to confirm that it is currently an ongoing issue which has already brought to our notice and we are working on it. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience.

Please do not worry and place a new order for the same, we will either waive off the shipping charges or refund the shipping charges on the new order.

Also, after the order is placed click on the below link to provide the new order id or reply to this email so that we can waive off the shipping charges for you.

About the code, please do not worry and proceed if you still see the error, but do let us know the price offered in the deal we will review and honor the price for you."

I haven't ordered yet, but plan to tonight. I think they will work with people affected.

belovedgandp
12-01-2015, 03:57 PM
Yes! I was having all sorts of weird trials just ordering a $9 phone case. Kept adding shipping even though prime. When it did work it offered 1-day shipping for free as an option - I was ordering late on Monday night and item should be here Wednesday.

swissair81
12-01-2015, 05:43 PM
I bought my dd boots today 20% off with CYBERWK20.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cookiemonster80
12-01-2015, 06:43 PM
Same thing happened to me- took chat customer service 45 min to tell me it was a bug and by that time my item was gone.

Has anyone noticed the chat customer service seems to be much worse these last few weeks than it used to?? Now it's obvious the rep is simultaneously chatting with multiple people and don't have the problem resolution authority they used to

turtledove
12-01-2015, 07:01 PM
I placed my order today (that was messed up last night). I went through the "Contact Us" and had them call me back. I was connected to someone in less than a minute, they adjusted the price of the two books that had increased in price from the night before. I was put on hold for about 3 minutes while they applied the 30% off code. I was very upset last night (it was late and I was tired), but they were very responsive tonight.

To the PP, I gave up on online chat last night after 20 minutes and sent an email - this was after I was disconnected from the phone. I can't stand wasting my time, so I will just send an email in the future. I think if something like this happens again, I will just place my order and deal with the necessary corrections the next day. I spent an hour last night trying to deal with this, and 5 minutes getting it corrected today. My time and frustration level makes it worth it to me!