PDA

View Full Version : No more Target Pharmacy Rewards :(

candaceb
12-01-2015, 10:38 PM
I went to pick up an RX today and there was a slip in my bag indicating that CVS has taken over the Target Pharmacy and the Rewards program was discontinued effective today. There is supposed to be a new CVS rewards program with details in the future.

I knew the CVS change was coming, but I didn't think it would happen this quickly and I didn't think they would get rid of the main reason I use the Target Pharmacy!

jenstring95
12-01-2015, 10:44 PM
No way! That is very disappointing. That's why I use Target too. I might as well go to mail order. :( Also, I liked the medication bottles for liquids from there because they have the stopper that makes it easier to use the syringe and get all of the medication out of the bottle. CVS doesn't have that (or at least didn't last time I used them).

Does anyone know if this means the Target pharmacy will have longer hours?

NCGrandma
12-01-2015, 10:53 PM
There is supposed to be a new CVS rewards program with details in the future.

!

Not sure if it will be the same as the rewards program at the regular CVS stores, but the Rx part of that program gives $5 back after filling 10 prescriptions. (There is also a cash-back reward for other non-Rx purchases.) For me, the CVS Rx rewards program is less appealing than it used to be. My health insurance now offers a much better co-pay for 90-day refills than for 30-day, yet a 90-day refill only counts as one Rx, not 3.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ang79
12-01-2015, 10:57 PM
Ugh, that is disappointing :( We get lots of montly prescriptions filled at Target so that extra 5% card was nice to have on a consistent basis for larger purchases!

jamiechic
12-02-2015, 12:07 AM
That's a poor way to handle it. Knowing CVS was taking over, Target should have notified people of the discontinuation of the program with several months notice. I just got my latest reward in the mail yesterday and there was no indication of the program change.