PDA

View Full Version : Easy recipes for over-ripe bananas?

BigDog
12-02-2015, 09:26 AM
I have about 6 super ripe bananas - please recommend some EASY recipes! Thanks!

jgenie
12-02-2015, 09:54 AM
I always make g-mama's banana bread!

http://windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?432553-G-mama-your-banana-bread-ROCKS!!&highlight=Rocks

123LuckyMom
12-03-2015, 04:51 PM
I do banana muffins. I mix them in the cuisinart to beat out all the air, and they're very dense and delicious. My kids LOVE them!!!

1 cup sugar
2 cups flour
1/3 cup milk mixed with
1 tsp. lemon juice or vinegar
Cinnamon to taste
1 tsp. vanilla
2 eggs
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 cup butter
2 really overripe bananas
Opt. Nuts, chocolate chips, sour cream (I've only tried chocolate chips, and they sunk to the bottom-- but were still yummy! I prefer plain, though)

Mix milk and lemon juice and let stand
Sift flour, baking soda, and salt
Cream butter and add sugar
Add eggs, bananas, vanilla
Alternate adding flour and milk mixtures
Add cinnamon to taste
Bake at 350 for about 25-30 min for muffins, 1hr for bread.

hellokitty
12-03-2015, 07:24 PM
Just add a banana or two to pancake mix and you've got banana pancakes.

BigDog
12-03-2015, 11:29 PM
Just add a banana or two to pancake mix and you've got banana pancakes.

Thanks for the suggestion but we actually do banana pancakes waaaaay too often in our house because it's the only meal all 3 kids scarf up without having to yell, beg or plead! Lol!

Thanks for all the suggestions! I think maybe what I'm looking for most are recipes that don't require a mixer. I just hate pulling it out. Although, I guess I should lug it out and start some holiday cookies soon anyhow.

mikala
12-04-2015, 12:36 AM
You can also just freeze them for the future. I buy them super ripe at the grocery at a huge discount, peel and freeze. They're great frozen added directly to the blender for smoothies or thawed for baking.

mm123
12-04-2015, 07:14 AM
You could also mash them up, thin them with a bit of milk or soy milk, pour the mixture into popsicle molds, and stick them in the freezer. Instant banana popsicles- yum!

hellokitty
12-04-2015, 08:18 AM
Also great to mash and add to oatmeal, if your family does oatmeal.