PDA

View Full Version : remote control flying something? Anyone have a good one to suggest?

almostmom
12-03-2015, 11:31 AM
DS has asked for a remote control flying hovering thing for the holidays. I know so many are crap - anyone have one that has lasted? I'm thinking something that he could use both in the house and out, so not too big. But I'll take any suggestions you have! He is 12.

Thanks!

Meatball Mommie
12-03-2015, 11:59 AM
Amazon has one as a DOTD today. My dad bought them for my 2 boys. It has a camera, you can purchase replacement parts and gets good reviews. Plus it's not that much $. I have read so many reviews on them, my head was starting to spin. No first-hand experience though...

almostmom
12-03-2015, 12:37 PM
Thanks - I saw that which is what reminded me of the request, but wanted to make sure I wasn't just grabbing the first thing I saw! I think I'll go ahead and get 2 - one for each kid (or DD will be begging for a turn!). Thanks.

KrisM
12-03-2015, 01:48 PM
We have indoor Syma helicopters that have lasted well. DD's is 2.5 years old, DS1's is a year old. DS1 also has a quad copter by Sky Viper that is for outdoors and works well. He only has had it since May, but it's hit trees, the house, the sandbox, etc and still works. No camera on it, which is what we prefer as we are in a neighborhood of houses.

daisyd
12-03-2015, 02:40 PM
Our indoor Syma is going strong at 2 yrs old and a lot of fun.

echoesofspring
12-03-2015, 02:41 PM
Our Syma's have endured quite a bit of abuse from DS. OTOH he's gotten really good at flying them! Now if only I could convince him to part with them once they no longer can fly.

123LuckyMom
12-03-2015, 05:12 PM
Yes, the Symas are pretty hardy. We have a helicopter, though, not a drone.

squimp
12-03-2015, 05:27 PM
We had this one. DH loved it! It died but it did fall two stories. Somehow I got it for $15 so I was not complaining, it lasted about 6 months of hard abuse.

http://www.amazon.com/Syma-S107G-Channel-Helicopter-Gyro/dp/B00F4WMAI4/