PDA

View Full Version : Checking your amazon digital credits

crunchy
12-03-2015, 12:42 PM
FYI, because I just had to go digging for it. Here's a link to check your digital credits (like those you get for no rush shipping).

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/?docId=1000811661#gc

I couldn't find a place to check prime pantry credits.

doberbrat
12-03-2015, 01:02 PM
Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you !!

legaleagle
12-03-2015, 03:36 PM
Ditto PP!

Momit
12-03-2015, 06:20 PM
Thank you!!!!

oneplustwo
12-03-2015, 11:09 PM
Thank you so much for the link but I'm mad at Amazon ~ why would they parcel out my "promotional balances" so that I have just $1 for mp3s, $1 for Amazon video, and $1 for software/video games? Why couldn't they have all 3 bucks available for whatever digital purchase I chose?

Globetrotter
12-03-2015, 11:24 PM
Thank you!!

So if I have $3 for MP3, can I listen to those on itunes?

AngB
12-04-2015, 02:33 AM
Thank you so much for the link but I'm mad at Amazon ~ why would they parcel out my "promotional balances" so that I have just $1 for mp3s, $1 for Amazon video, and $1 for software/video games? Why couldn't they have all 3 bucks available for whatever digital purchase I chose?

We went through this last year, I'm assuming it hasn't changed. The credits actually are for whatever you buy. It's really annoying and confusing that they supposedly divy it up but they don't actually.

My guess is that they do this so people are less likely to use them.

AngB
12-04-2015, 02:35 AM
Thank you!!

So if I have $3 for MP3, can I listen to those on itunes?

I've never bought an MP3 from Amazon so can't say for sure but just so you know, even if it says MP3, you can also use it for Kindle books or whatever you want, it is automatically applied when you checkout with media. (At least last year, that's the way it worked)

oneplustwo
12-04-2015, 08:34 AM
We went through this last year, I'm assuming it hasn't changed. The credits actually are for whatever you buy. It's really annoying and confusing that they supposedly divy it up but they don't actually.

My guess is that they do this so people are less likely to use them.

That makes sense!

legaleagle
12-04-2015, 01:41 PM
You can import mp3s into iTunes.
I bet they split it up to get people to try new things.

stillplayswithbarbies
12-06-2015, 02:01 AM
can you tell me how you got to the link from the home page? I might remember how to get there and then I won't have to come here and search this thread to find it again. :)

crunchy
12-06-2015, 02:44 AM
can you tell me how you got to the link from the home page? I might remember how to get there and then I won't have to come here and search this thread to find it again. :)

I couldn't find a way to it, so I gave up and I googled "checking amazon digital credits".

Snow mom
12-06-2015, 09:13 AM

You actually just have $1 that can be used in any of those categories. The categories overlap rather than the money showing separately and being able to combine. Sometimes they give credits in just one category. For example, I got $1 for mp3s yesterday for purchasing a free app for my new fire. My balance shows $5 for video and $6 for MP3. I actually have $5 for video or mp3 and $1 for MP3 only.

Chitowngirl
12-06-2015, 04:38 PM
You actually just have $1 that can be used in any of those categories. The categories overlap rather than the money showing separately and being able to combine. Sometimes they give credits in just one category. For example, I got $1 for mp3s yesterday for purchasing a free app for my new fire. My balance shows $5 for video and $6 for MP3. I actually have $5 for video or mp3 and $1 for MP3 only.

I think it is completely deceiving how Amazon reports those credits. I had the same issue as the pp above. If you just add up all the money she listed you would assume you have $11 to spend when actually you have only $6. And the only way to find out exactly how much money you really have is AFTER you have paid for the item.

I bought a $19 movie thinking I had about $12 in credits so the movie would cost me $8. Instead I only had $5 in credits. I decided I didn't want it at that price especially since I will probably get some more credits as I finish my holiday shopping. So I hit the "bought accidentally" button to get a refund. Well they let me return the movie and refunded me the cash I paid but refused to refund the promotional credits saying that refunding promotions is against their policy. So not I have no movie and no credits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk