PDA

View Full Version : Gift for 12.5 year old girl who has everything!

mom2binsd
12-03-2015, 07:39 PM
My dear friends have LOTS of money, their only daughter (age 12.5) has everything she could want and they can afford to buy her anything. I still want to send something with my limited budget (around 50.00).

She is a competitive gymnast and likes Lego but her father has already bought her over 700.00 worth of lego already for Christmas.

She's not into crafts too much.

Clothing is tricky, her mom buys all her stuff at Nordstrom mostly.

Has every electronic gadget already, got a drone last year.

Any fun games for that age? My DD is the same age but their interests are pretty different.

She gets lots of high dollar gift cards from her grandfather so I'd rather a gift.

Exploding Kittens game looks interesting.

Ideas??? They live in a climate that gets winter and lots of snow.

SnuggleBuggles
12-03-2015, 07:45 PM
Anything you can think of for her bedroom? Like a big fuzzy pillow or poof? Other lounge-y type stuff?

baymom
12-03-2015, 07:47 PM
How about something with her name monogrammed on it--like an overnight bag, toiletries bag or throw pillow?

kep
12-03-2015, 07:52 PM
What about an event and something to go with it? Such as tickets to blah blah ice show and a scarf and hat to wear there. Or whatever.

HonoluluMom
12-03-2015, 08:04 PM
-magazine subscriptions
-family board games
-it sounds like they live elsewhere, so maybe some regional food that you can send to her
-books
-I agree with a PP about an experience gift
-nail polish set

fauve01
12-03-2015, 08:12 PM
My first thought was a super soft scarf, maybe cashmere. or super soft jammies. my 12yo would like either one of those.

what about some something from Sephora if the mom would allow? fancy hand cream, clear sparkly lip gloss, nail polish. they have some cool nail polishes with confetti and sparkles my dd loves--she puts a different tester on each nail every time we go in.

Fruity lotion or body wash or bubble bath from BBW?

Nice earphones?

My DD is the same age but their interests are pretty different.

will you share what your own 12yo DD would like? looking for ideas for my own DD... TIA

fauve01
12-03-2015, 08:14 PM
oh! you said not crafts, but what about science-y kits? my DD circles almost the entire Mindware catalog. lots of science-y kits there that look cool.

citymama
12-03-2015, 08:26 PM
Magazine subscription - maybe Stone Soup?

ged
12-03-2015, 11:48 PM
Just got a PB teen catalog in the mail. Looks like there are some ideas in there (similar to PP)

mom2binsd
12-03-2015, 11:58 PM
I love her mom, but room decor stuff is not easy, she has custom bedding and super fancy artwork in her room, I just got a mind ware catalog, maybe the science stuff, any favorite items?? Her mom won't really appreciate lotions, nail polish etc. What magazine is Stone soup? Maybe there is a gymnast magazine? Not sure any experience gift will be in my budget. She has lots of coordinating luggage already, like a lot of pieces , they travel a lot.

pinkmomagain
12-04-2015, 12:16 AM
Ooh - what about bath/body stuff from Lush? The bath bombs are fun. They do nice gift sets.

elbenn
12-04-2015, 12:41 AM
How about this t-shirt to go along with something else? It would be cute for a gymnast.

http://www.amazon.com/Threadrock-Handstand-Fitted-T-Shirt-Fuchsia/dp/B00I1FNCPQ/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1449203963&sr=8-2&keywords=gymnast

mom_hanna
12-04-2015, 03:40 AM
I know you said no gift cards, but how about gift card to the movies and treats to go with it? Then she can go with friends and you can give her a gift along with the gift card.

2ndtimearound
12-04-2015, 06:11 AM
I love her mom, but room decor stuff is not easy, she has custom bedding and super fancy artwork in her room, I just got a mind ware catalog, maybe the science stuff, any favorite items?? Her mom won't really appreciate lotions, nail polish etc. What magazine is Stone soup? Maybe there is a gymnast magazine? Not sure any experience gift will be in my budget. She has lots of coordinating luggage already, like a lot of pieces , they travel a lot.

In that case, I would donate to a charity in her name. Seriously, if this girl has everything you describe, it would be GOOD for her to think about less fortunate people. Maybe she and her family already do. Lots of people with disposable income give to charities, but I still think it would be a good gift. My choice would be Camfed.org (Campaign for Female Education). They support school girls in Africa where parents have to have money to send their kids to school.

Gracemom
12-04-2015, 09:07 AM
My dd is that age. This light is something she is excited about: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B009USUO68/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1449234231&sr=8-1&pi=SY200_QL40&keywords=tetris+light&dpPl=1&dpID=41rCnbFbZQL&ref=plSrch. We saw it at a museum gift shop. We are also taking her to a glass blowing studio to make her own Christmas ornament. She also wants Animal Jam and Roblox gift cards (computer games).

roobee
12-04-2015, 09:24 AM
I'm excited to give my daughter a Snap Pet - it's like a little selfie tool. I got it from Target. http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/132469-snap-pets-hands-on-with-the-cutest-selfie-camera-of-them-all

I hear girls really like hair accessories from Lululemon and Ivivva.

I got the PB Teen catalog and everthing was so cute! I know you said no decor or luggage, but they had a bunch of slippers and robes that were cute too.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

klwa
12-04-2015, 09:32 AM
Would books work? Maybe the Lunar Chroincles by Marissa Meyer. Cinder, Scarlet, Cress, Fairest, and Winter complete the set, and Winter just came out.

AnnieW625
12-04-2015, 11:45 AM
Seventeen or Teen Magazine (I actually don't think the latter exists anymore, but there is Teen Vogue), however I am not sure if they are still appropriate for a 12 yr. old. I read them in the late 80s/late 90s. Maybe some Ugg type boots, a gift card for clothes shopping or books. If she already has a kindle maybe an Amazon gift card.

Stone Soup is a creative writing magazine. It sounds cool, but honestly I don't know if I would give it as a gift unless I knew the kid was really into writing or reading.

Anne of Green Gables book set.

My kids absolutely love this blanket:
http://m.target.com/p/threshold-fuzzy-throw/-/A-15642643?ci_src=17588969&ci_sku=15642643&ref=tgt_adv_XS000000&AFID=google_pla_df&CPNG=PLA_Home%2BDecor_Priority%2BShopping&adgroup=Home%2BDecor_Priority+TCINs&LID=700000001170770pgs&network=g&device=m&location=21137&gclid=CKiTtoXxwskCFQpBfgodPPgJ1w&gclsrc=aw.ds

We initially got one as a Xmas gift from my sister and one of daughters took it to her room so I bought a second one for our couch and the other daughter took it to her room. I need to get another now for the couch. It isn't fancy but it gets serious love in our house.

fauve01
12-04-2015, 12:56 PM
I thought of something else my 12yo dd asks for and uses--Stationery. She loves the personalized notecards my mom gets her every year. my mom found some on Etsy, but there are a million out there. some cute cards in the Current catalog. My dd would also like notepads with her name or initials; she is always making lists and writing in notebooks.

ETA: here is the site my mom uses (not etsy). you can search and find a gymnast, or lots of other cute designs
http://www.amyadele.com/personalized-stationery/girls-stationery/

Mommaof3
12-04-2015, 01:04 PM
These blankets are really nice and very warm. DD's friend has one and always brings it to football games, sleepovers.
https://www.victoriassecret.com/pink/all-dorm/soft-sherpa-blanket-pink?ProductID=270397&CatalogueType=OLS

mom2binsd
12-07-2015, 07:15 PM
My first thought was a super soft scarf, maybe cashmere. or super soft jammies. my 12yo would like either one of those.

what about some something from Sephora if the mom would allow? fancy hand cream, clear sparkly lip gloss, nail polish. they have some cool nail polishes with confetti and sparkles my dd loves--she puts a different tester on each nail every time we go in.

Fruity lotion or body wash or bubble bath from BBW?

Nice earphones?

will you share what your own 12yo DD would like? looking for ideas for my own DD... TIA

My DD is obsessed with Anime, so she's getting a lot of Anime type things, a messenger bag, pens, keychain, blanket etc...not my cup of tea but it's what she wants.

Tenasparkl
12-07-2015, 07:33 PM
My friend's DD is the same age and really likes those Erin Condren planners and all the stuff that goes with them. Maybe something like that?

mom2binsd
12-08-2015, 01:32 AM
I ordered that smart petz selfie thing for her and my my DD, found a cute roxy sweatshirt at Tj maxx too, her mom basically buys all her clothes at Nordstrom and roxy is a brand that she likes/approves of. Great ideas but many were way over my budget of 50.00! Now what to get my friend, her mom, she has everything but I usually manage to find a wine related gift that she doesn't have!

solsister
12-08-2015, 01:46 AM
Wine Pearls? and a good Chardonnay?
http://www.uncommongoods.com/product/wine-pearls?gclid=CM_T2ObHy8kCFQISfgodv-0Jbg

mom2binsd
12-08-2015, 10:36 AM
Wine Pearls? and a good Chardonnay?
http://www.uncommongoods.com/product/wine-pearls?gclid=CM_T2ObHy8kCFQISfgodv-0Jbg
Bought her the pearls a few years ago, she lives in Utah so I can't send actual wine! Also sent her a corkscicle, wine koozies, inflatable bag to transport, other types of bags to transport wine, cute napkins, wine charms, stoppers, wine ornaments for the tree, she has a great corkscrew, already sent cute special occasion wine glasses.. She could open shop with all the wine stuff lol!

AnnieW625
12-08-2015, 10:38 AM
an LL Bean travel cosmetics bag. Glad you were able to find something for her daughter.

mom2binsd
12-08-2015, 08:56 PM
Well, she has Louis Vuitton luggage, purses etc so LL bean won't cut it lol! I'm going to a wine shop to see what new items they might have!

AnnieW625
12-08-2015, 09:02 PM
Well, she has Louis Vuitton luggage, purses etc so LL bean won't cut it lol! I'm going to a wine shop to see what new items they might have!

God luck then! A personalized wine bag? What about some wool socks? She probably already has a million of them, but who knows what she really likes, right?

mom2binsd
12-08-2015, 10:29 PM
Yup, it's challenge!