PDA

View Full Version : EEK...Holiday work party

niccig
12-05-2015, 03:08 AM
DH has a work Christmas Party. I've put on weight and NONE of my nice dresses fit. Sigh, I need to do something about that. But it won't be before the party :tongue5: I was thinking rent the runway and this dress. I'm 5'3" and very pear shaped. What do you think about the dress? I was also thinking of renting a necklace, any suggestions? Nude high heels ( I have a pair that kill me) or I have a pewter wedge high heel sandal?

https://www.renttherunway.com/shop/designers/theia/so_jaded_dress#reviews-partial

specialp
12-05-2015, 08:18 AM
How big are you in the bust area? Very cute dress and I would wear it in a heartbeat (I'm slight pear, b cup). I didn't care for how it looked on some with large cups.

acmom
12-05-2015, 08:45 AM
How big are you in the bust area? Very cute dress and I would wear it in a heartbeat (I'm slight pear, b cup). I didn't care for how it looked on some with large cups.

I like the dress a lot too! I am pear shaped too and think its a good cut for that. I have a small chest, but I think it looks ok even with a larger chest, although I did notice a lot of the reviews mentioned that it was tight up top if they had a larger bust or they were uncomfortable with amount of cleavage. So I would just factor your comfort level there into your choice. But I think the dress is really pretty!

gymnbomb
12-05-2015, 09:47 AM
Love the dress! I think the pewter shoes would look good with it, assuming they don't look too summery. You should throw away or sell or donate the shoes that kill you :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SnuggleBuggles
12-05-2015, 10:07 AM
I don't think it'll be super flattering. The pleats are just going to pile on more volume on your lower half. Dh's work party was last night and I saw that scenario in person.

TwinFoxes
12-05-2015, 03:30 PM
I think it's very pretty, no idea if it will be flattering. I would not wear the nude shoes, I'd rather wear something more with more pop, like red. Have fun!

mom2binsd
12-07-2015, 12:26 AM
I think you need to be taller to pull it off honestly unless you are a stick, the skirt had a lot of volume. I'm shorter than you but those style of dresses are more flattering on taller girls.