PDA

View Full Version : Toddler Puzzle Storage?

gymnbomb
12-06-2015, 03:28 PM
Anyone have a rack or system they love for toddler puzzle storage? I have looked on a Amazon at several and reviews are very mixed about what fits. Right now we have 6 of the standard sized small peg puzzles (mostly M&D, a couple other brands but same size) and 2 of the puzzles with large knobs. It would be great if all of those fit, but I can live without the large knob ones fitting or with them taking up 2 slots. Don't know what we will have in the future, so don't know if we need room for larger sized ones or not? Currently don't have any chunky piece ones, but not sure if we will in the future.

I prefer the price of the M&D wire rack ones, but would be willing to pay for something nicer up to around $40 if someone could convince me it was really worth the difference and would fit my stuff!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ExcitedMamma
12-07-2015, 11:55 AM
We have the wire one from M&D and it works well. It fit the chunky puzzles when DS was a toddler and now holds a mix of flat puzzles that are large rectangles, peg puzzles, and I think a couple of chunky puzzles, plus a few foam Lauri puzzles. It is very versatile and expands well to the different sizes being crammed in. I think the only ones that don't fit are the large thick type, like the ones with doors that open to hold magnetic pieces. We have a couple of those, ones a barn with animals behind the doors and the other is different doors holding like a lunchbox and and an oven and other random pieces that are too thick. I don't think you could go wrong with it. It graduates very well to older puzzles and holds more of them as they get into the larger flatter puzzles.

gymnbomb
12-07-2015, 12:02 PM
Do you have the one that just holds standard sized puzzles, or the "deluxe" that also holds some larger puzzles on the bottom?

vonfirmath
12-07-2015, 12:56 PM
We put our peg puzzles in a plastic box from IKEA -- 6 or 7 would fit and they lay flat one on top of another. Reasonable number to look through and to put the pieces back in when they fell out.

ExcitedMamma
12-07-2015, 05:19 PM
http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B000088UPW?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage

This is the one I bought from Amazon. Although if I had it do over I might have bought a bigger one. DD really loves puzzles more than DS did so it would be nice if it held more.

lizzywednesday
12-08-2015, 04:08 PM
I bought a milk crate (http://www.target.com/p/milk-crate-storage-bin-white-room-essentials/-/A-14089507) to store our peg puzzles; it had plenty of room for the ones we had and room for more.

It worked fine - if pieces fell out, the crate contained them, and I only spent a few dollars.

When we put the puzzles away once they were outgrown, I slipped each individual puzzle into a 2-gallon Ziploc.