PDA

View Full Version : What age for Calico Critters?

Pinky
12-07-2015, 02:05 PM
What age do you guys think is best for the Calico Critters toys?

A friend of ours gave DD the big house and some critters last year but she rarely ever plays with it. She'll be 6 this spring. Just wondering if I should get rid of it or if she is likely to be more into this kind of thing when she's a little older?

Tenasparkl
12-07-2015, 02:32 PM
My DD got some when she was a little young for them (3.5) and liked them but at a certain point she lost interest. Just recently at 7 they've all come out again and she's been playing with them a lot. The green car has been in use the entire time. Everybody (Spider-Man, Star Wars guys, Lego mini-figures, playmobil people, shopkins) rides around in that thing.

ExcitedMamma
12-07-2015, 02:32 PM
Can't help you with the will she ever play with it, but have you taken it away at all? I'm sure logistically it might be difficult since it's bigger but a sure test might be to disappear it for awhile and then bring it back out to see if it catches her interest. I used to rotate toys and it always made the toys catch their interest again when they returned. Then we moved and most of our house is still packed up a year later because of renovations and they go crazy when I bring in a box of old but new again to them toys. The real question is how long they play with it after its back in rotation. That's my test to see if they are over it and packing it up for good.

Pinky
12-07-2015, 04:22 PM
Thank you! That is s great idea!

novmber
12-07-2015, 07:57 PM
I think it will vary by the child. One of my third grade twins loves them still but I think many her age are not interested