PDA

View Full Version : PSA Check your Amazon account order information!

KpbS
12-08-2015, 05:13 PM
I accidentally shipped an item to an incorrect address. When I logged onto my account to view the details, I found another expensive item/order listed that I most definitely did not order! I check w/ DH and he hadn't either. Thank goodness it was temporarily out of stock and hadn't shipped yet or it would have been an additional holiday headache to return it, after I finally figured out it wasn't a gift. Strange!

belovedgandp
12-08-2015, 06:28 PM
Ugh, who needs another item on the to do list right now?

Also make sure you're logged on with the right account. I went to order something the other day and did notice I had three items instead of one. Sure enough DH had placed them in the cart when logged onto my account (I'm primary for video) and forgotten. We NEVER do gifts for each other and he was trying to surprise me with a couple this year. I realize new kitchen sheers aren't glamorous but it was a fun surprise. Just won't be on Christmas Day.

Amy G
12-08-2015, 06:41 PM
Yesterday I happened to notice that something I ordered was trying to go to another address! I wonder if there was a glitch in the system?

urquie
12-08-2015, 08:57 PM
I accidentally shipped an item to an incorrect address. When I logged onto my account to view the details, I found another expensive item/order listed that I most definitely did not order! I check w/ DH and he hadn't either. Thank goodness it was temporarily out of stock and hadn't shipped yet or it would have been an additional holiday headache to return it, after I finally figured out it wasn't a gift. Strange!

Thats crazy! When I ship a gift to a new address, they always make me re-enter my credit card info, for security.

elbenn
12-08-2015, 10:39 PM
I've returned 3 pairs of shoes in the last couple of weeks (based on all the shoe orders from that awesome sale a couple of weeks ago!) and each time I've printed out the return, it has showed that UPS pick up costs $0 (used to cost $6), so I have chosen that. I figured they were making returns easier but each time they have charged me $6, so there is definitely a glitch in their system.

winter75
12-09-2015, 09:53 AM
I've returned 3 pairs of shoes in the last couple of weeks (based on all the shoe orders from that awesome sale a couple of weeks ago!) and each time I've printed out the return, it has showed that UPS pick up costs $0 (used to cost $6), so I have chosen that. I figured they were making returns easier but each time they have charged me $6, so there is definitely a glitch in their system.

Same thing happened to me. Amazon refunded the $6 once I contacted them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

urquie
12-09-2015, 04:02 PM

Same thing happened to me. Amazon refunded the $6 once I contacted them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is there an easy way to check and see if they charged you for a return? Any direction would be much appreciated!

mikala
12-09-2015, 05:22 PM
Is there an easy way to check and see if they charged you for a return? Any direction would be much appreciated!

It shows in the return confirmation email once they receive your package.

Elbenn, thanks for mentioning this. I just checked my email and they charged me for a pickup this week even though it said $0. It seems pretty deceptive if they've already overcharged three people on one internet forum. Off to contact Amazon to correct it...

Suebell
12-09-2015, 05:41 PM

I returned an item that had free returns and was charged $6. I live chatted with them to take care of it. I hate having to look out for stuff like that and then deal with it.

urquie
12-09-2015, 09:27 PM
It shows in the return confirmation email once they receive your package.

Elbenn, thanks for mentioning this. I just checked my email and they charged me for a pickup this week even though it said $0. It seems pretty deceptive if they've already overcharged three people on one internet forum. Off to contact Amazon to correct it...

Thank you for the info! You can add another overcharged person to your list. ��

I returned an item that had free returns and was charged $6. I live chatted with them to take care of it. I hate having to look out for stuff like that and then deal with it.

Same thing happened to me - ordered slippers with free shipping/returns but they charged me $6 for the return... I even dropped it off at UPS!

urquie
12-09-2015, 10:10 PM
Thank you for the info! You can add another overcharged person to your list. ��

Same thing happened to me - ordered slippers with free shipping/returns but they charged me $6 for the return... I even dropped it off at UPS!

Update - it happened to me two times!! Both for the return of shoes, only one of which, was ordered during the 20% off shoes sale).

After the Amazon customer service agent refunded the slipper's shipping fee, I asked him to look through the rest of my returns, and he found another incorrect charge.