PDA

View Full Version : Mysteriously Disapperaing Amazon Order?

logan's mom
12-11-2015, 03:16 PM
On Wednesday of this week, I placed an Amazon order for some things I need around the house- spice rack, over the door organizer etc. I know the order was $27 because there was an Add-On item in it. I remember it said it would be delivered on Friday because I mentally thought that I would spend some time on Friday cleaning my craft room and putting things in the organizer.

I checked today to make sure it would be delivered and there is no evidence of the order. Not in my Amazon account and no email confirmation.
But the items are also not in my shopping cart.

I know people are having some strange Amazon glitches. Anyone else missing an order completely? (nothing has been charged to my credit card)

jam224
12-11-2015, 03:20 PM
I've been placing frequent Amazon orders and nothing has disappeared for me. That's so bizarre! I would chat with them to see if they have any record of it on their end. Hope you get it figured out!

chlobo
12-11-2015, 03:49 PM
On Wednesday of this week, I placed an Amazon order for some things I need around the house- spice rack, over the door organizer etc. I know the order was $27 because there was an Add-On item in it. I remember it said it would be delivered on Friday because I mentally thought that I would spend some time on Friday cleaning my craft room and putting things in the organizer.

I checked today to make sure it would be delivered and there is no evidence of the order. Not in my Amazon account and no email confirmation.

I know people are having some strange Amazon glitches. Anyone else missing an order completely? (nothing has been charged to my credit card)

Did you check your cart? Sometimes I am positive I ordered and it turns out its still in my cart.

specialp
12-11-2015, 03:51 PM
Any chance you were logged into another account? DH's account?

vonfirmath
12-11-2015, 03:54 PM

With no email confirmation, my suspicion is you never actually ordered. MAYBE there was a credit card glitch or something you didn't notice and so the final confirmation never happened?

logan's mom
12-11-2015, 04:12 PM
The items aren't in my cart and we only have one account. Apparently I shop on Amazon too much if I can't keep up with my orders! Off to place my order again :/

doberbrat
12-11-2015, 06:58 PM
is it in the save for later section? Sometimes when I have add on items and <$25, the items get moved there. It does notify you but I can totally see missing it.

cbscherer
12-11-2015, 07:58 PM
The items aren't in my cart and we only have one account. Apparently I shop on Amazon too much if I can't keep up with my orders! Off to place my order again :/

Is there anyway To get Amazon to email all the order details on the invoice like they used to? The past 6 months or more I've just been getting abbreviated invoices emailed to me; I have to log into Amazon to get the full info. That drives me nuts because I can longer search my email for the product name I bought to find the invoice, and I hate having to rely on Amazon to keep my invoice--and not change the details!

For example How can I prove I bought something with a coupon or at a certain price if I don't have the FULL original invoice--especially in light of all of these Amazon glitches.

Liziz
12-11-2015, 10:23 PM
I have had the exact same problem you described -- a disappearing order. However, I did find the order when I went to the "My Orders" section -- it had been pended for some reason (I think my CC was expired or something). But I got no emails about it and there was nothing on the main page of Amazon to clue me in. I only realized when I went digging after it wasn't delivered.

curiousgeorge
12-11-2015, 11:47 PM

I read this earlier. I figured you just didn't click order. This JUST happened to me. I know I clicked "place order" and it doesn't show up in my order history and I didn't get an email.

curiousgeorge
12-11-2015, 11:53 PM
Is there anyway To get Amazon to email all the order details on the invoice like they used to? The past 6 months or more I've just been getting abbreviated invoices emailed to me; I have to log into Amazon to get the full info. That drives me nuts because I can longer search my email for the product name I bought to find the invoice, and I hate having to rely on Amazon to keep my invoice--and not change the details!

For example How can I prove I bought something with a coupon or at a certain price if I don't have the FULL original invoice--especially in light of all of these Amazon glitches.

You could take a screenshot of the order confirmation page. I just kept mine open this time until I got the email confirmation, didn't need a screen shot since the email had the details.

cbscherer
12-12-2015, 01:10 AM
You could take a screenshot of the order confirmation page. I just kept mine open this time until I got the email confirmation, didn't need a screen shot since the email had the details.

That's the problem; my email will not have all the details. It will say something like this.

Thank you for shopping with us. You ordered "Gillette Fushion Pro and 2 other items...."

The elipses are in the original email, and all I get is a hyperlink to Amazon, where I have to trust that my account page shows the correct items. Am I the only one here who Amazon has stopped listing all the items I ordered and the price I ordered them at in the original email confirmation? For example, they used to put in the invoice email that I had ordered:
-Gillette Fushion ProGuide-8 count -$4.00
-8 oz bacon Ranch dressing-$1.00
-Bumkins Bib (truck) at $10.00

The problem with the new system typically occurs when I need to make a warranty claim on something, and I cannot remember where I bought it. In the example above, If I search my saved email messages for bumkins bibs, then nothing would come up. I would have to search Amazon, target, babiesrus and every other store separately.

If I could find out some way to get it back to the detailed invoices I used to get, that would be great!

3isEnough
12-12-2015, 03:02 AM
That's the problem; my email will not have all the details. It will say something like this.

Thank you for shopping with us. You ordered "Gillette Fushion Pro and 2 other items...."

The elipses are in the original email, and all I get is a hyperlink to Amazon, where I have to trust that my account page shows the correct items. Am I the only one here who Amazon has stopped listing all the items I ordered and the price I ordered them at in the original email confirmation? For example, they used to put in the invoice email that I had ordered:
-Gillette Fushion ProGuide-8 count -$4.00
-8 oz bacon Ranch dressing-$1.00
-Bumkins Bib (truck) at $10.00

The problem with the new system typically occurs when I need to make a warranty claim on something, and I cannot remember where I bought it. In the example above, If I search my saved email messages for bumkins bibs, then nothing would come up. I would have to search Amazon, target, babiesrus and every other store separately.

If I could find out some way to get it back to the detailed invoices I used to get, that would be great!

I understand exactly what you're saying and have the same frustration with it!

Mommy_Mea
12-12-2015, 07:40 AM
I have had something similar happen to me, where I SWEAR I ordered something, and there is no record of it. I could never figure out if I just never truly completed the order (and wasn't logged in), or if it was an Amazon thing. This was sometime in the past year, and not recently...

And as far as the invoice thing, I hate that too! I have had a lot of issues with S&S items not being charged at the right price if I bump them a month, and my emails are my tools to show the correct price!

mikala
12-12-2015, 11:47 AM
I'm really annoyed by the lack of detailed receipts too. I bought a kindle book the other day to use some Prime shipping promo credits for choosing slower shipping. The order showed as pending for awhile and wouldn't show the actual price breakdown. I finally checked later and discovered that they applied an Amazon gift card instead of the promo that will likely expire soon. Not cool.

ECUPirateMom
12-12-2015, 11:52 AM
That happened to me once too and apparently they cancelled my order and since my husband gets the emails (which he never looks at) I thought I was losing my mind because the item was no where to be found. That email was the only evidence that the order was ever placed.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk