PDA

View Full Version : Alternatives for bedskirt?

PunkyBoo
12-12-2015, 07:27 PM
We got a new California king bed and new bedroom furniture. I have been trying to minimize dust due to bad allergies. I really want a clean, tailored look and don't want to wrestle with putting a bedskirt on and off so I could wash it often. I was hoping that the quilt and bed rails would cover the box springs, but they don't. Has anyone tried those detachable bed skirts? They don't seem to get good reviews for quality and ease of use. What other options are there? The box springs are dark gray and stand out a lot.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

cmo
12-12-2015, 09:02 PM
We have a box spring cover, I think from Company Store, but can be found elsewhere. It's kind of like a fitted sheet for the box springs, it covers them up with a leaner, cleaner look than a bedskirt. We rarely wash it, mostly because it really is not a dust magnet and I am kinda lazy. :-)

abh5e8
12-12-2015, 11:04 PM
I bought fitted sheets at wall mart. I think 10 bucks each. A call king has two xl twins for the box springs, correct?

PunkyBoo
12-12-2015, 11:20 PM
I bought fitted sheets at wall mart. I think 10 bucks each. A call king has two xl twins for the box springs, correct?
Yes. It's the juggling of the mattresses to put on/ off fitted sheets that concerns me about that.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

abh5e8
12-13-2015, 01:37 AM
I don't take it off that often... Every two to three months. It collects way less dust then a skirt and I can vacuum it, when it is still on the bed.

tropicalmom
12-14-2015, 03:40 AM
Box spring covers is the way to go. Depending on your color you may have to look around. I've seen white and cream at company store and pottery barn and colors at restoration hardware.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

erosenst
12-14-2015, 08:37 AM
I've used fitted sheets for years. If you are at all handy you can cut and add Velcro to make them easier to get on and off.

One trick - the less expensive sheets are actually often thicker and work better for this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk