PDA

View Full Version : When your husband runs into a curb and you need new tires...

wifecat
12-12-2015, 10:18 PM
do you strangle him first for being SO FREAKING careless, or call for a tire appointment? If and when you're ready to call for an appointment, who do you call? Costco? Some other big chain place? Where do you get the best deals to replace tires?

Kestrel
12-12-2015, 10:41 PM
Not to put too fine a point on it: if it was really him being careless/not paying attention? It's HIS problem. He needs to deal with it. From making the appointment, picking up the car, getting it towed, and paying for it out of his spending money.

However, if he was avoiding an animal/car pulled out in front of him unexpectedly/other type of accident, group problem. IMO, of course.

PS - we always get our tires at les schwab; is that a national chain?? great warrantee .

ArizonaGirl
12-12-2015, 10:46 PM
You strangle him...

Then you :54:

Then you call Costco...

At least that is what I would do.

wifecat
12-12-2015, 10:48 PM
Not to put too fine a point on it: if it was really him being careless/not paying attention? It's HIS problem. He needs to deal with it. From making the appointment, picking up the car, getting it towed, and paying for it out of his spending money.

However, if he was avoiding an animal/car pulled out in front of him unexpectedly/other type of accident, group problem. IMO, of course.

PS - we always get our tires at les schwab; is that a national chain?? great warrantee .

It was him just being careless. But, he has a guys' night out tonight (which he NEVER has) and I'm home with the kids, and his Dad comes into town on Monday with plans to borrow one of our cars to close on a house here. Awesome timing. So, we need to get it done tomorrow or Monday. He'll take it in, but I need to figure out where to take it to, because he's not great about finding deals.

wifecat
12-12-2015, 10:48 PM
You strangle him...

Then you call Costco...

I am currently on step 2. :54:

mikala
12-12-2015, 10:59 PM

Totally agree with this. I'd let it stay on his plate as much as possible since it was his carelessness. And honestly I don't know how much you'd get done online tonight anyway beyond researching a couple recommended models for your type of vechicle. I'd probably go with Costco or a recommended local place if you have one with a good reputation.

petesgirl
12-12-2015, 11:29 PM
I'm just a little curious what happened...

oneplustwo
12-12-2015, 11:45 PM
You strangle him...

Then you call Costco...

Excellent response. :) Costo tends to rotate each month offering a discount on either Bridgestone tires or Michelin tires. We used tirerack.com to figure out which would be some of the better options for tires for our cars; when it turned out a Michelin set was among the top recommendations, we got the tires at Costco. Even without the discount code the pricing was better than other places. At our local Costco, it takes a long time to get the tires on, as they don't do appointments ~ you have to show up early and hope you are one of the first or else it can take hours.... there's always shopping at Costco to fill the time while you wait though. That part (the long time at Costco) is for your DH to do!

wifecat
12-13-2015, 12:16 AM
I'm just a little curious what happened...

We were just parallel parking on a residential street in front of our friend's house, and he pulled in fast. He brushes curbs often, but he just slammed into this one! It was dark and snowing, but really?! Totally unnecessary.